we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Ewwwwww

I just wanted to SHARE a picture I took of a spider we found above the front bush at the new house yesterday. How disgusting is this?? I am still not sure if he was poisonous or not, I can't find him online. Luckily, thanks to Tim's brother Mark (thanks Mark!) he sprayed it with a gust of spider spray...then he fell into the bush so HOPEFULLY he's in spider heaven. It gives me the heeby jeebies just looking at this pic (I can't believe I took a pic of it....ack!!)

Sorry for those of you who are terrified by now...don't enlarge the picture unless you want to see some creepy detail!! :o)) He has FANGS!

Anyway...Tim and I are SO sore today. He's sore from moving heavy furniture and I'm sore...I've been at the other house all day CLEANING from top to bottom and bottom to top. Then I had to wash FIVE LOADS of laundry!!!!!! Plus I had Haylee there all by myself for 4 hours. With no tv, no toys, no nothing. LOL. Tim got to go watch the football game at the Stadium. He deserved it though with all the furniture and crap he moved yesterday. ;o) Haylee was SOOOO good for me too. Oh I take it back, we had the portable DVD player so she watched High School Musical and listened to two CD's and we found one orange crayon and some paper on the floor so she colored. Then we had a picnic on her quilt on the floor in the living room and fell asleep (me for 20 mins, Haylee for an hour!). It was quite fun.

I am absolutely pooped though. I don't feel like I had a weekedn at ALL. But oh well. We went to a guys' house we found on craigslist who is selling his washer/dryer and we're buying it this week. :o) He was really nice, a high school teacher and his wife is pregnant with their first child. Somewhat of a relief to find someone decent on the craigslist, sometimes you get some real weirdos (trust me, I've sold things on there before).

Anyway....I'm tired! I'm going to post that picture of Haylee from last night I talked about before on her blog now.

Happy week!
Love
Melissa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the spider totally freaks me out! I hope that is the only one you will ever see there from now on!!!!!!!
What a weekend, huh! Sure been thinking of you and praying for you guys!
A new week and a new beginning. Take a deep breath. Alot of adjustments, but God is in it all. Many new memories about to begin!
Love you guys,
Mrs. Jones

Anonymous said...

Eww yeah that spider looks nasty!! It looks like the ones we used to find outside our old apt. I looked them up online and they are some kindof web spiders but are harmless, just freaky looking! Hope you guys are adjusting well :)

Love ya!
Brandie

Elizabeth said...

Ok sis I asked Al if he knew what kind of spider this was and he took one look at it and said it is a Garden Spider...so I looked it up and sure enough that's what it is! I didn't read anything about it b/c all spiders just totally freak me out...so see what you can find!
Love, Liz

Monique said...

That spider is really icky. There is no way I could get that close to take a picture. I bet you guys are sore and beat. Hopefully have a bit of slow week to relax some??

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hey Melissa,
Just wanted to let you know that I THINK that is a banana spider and it's a female....I could be wrong though. They aren't dangerous from what I am told. My mom has a spider JUST LIKE THAT on her front porch with a HUGE web and it freaked me out! Her boyfriend researched it and told me all about it. I have a picture if you want to compare. I don't blame you for getting rid of it though! YUCK!! I HATE spiders!
Just thought I would share!
Hope your week of adjustment goes well. Kids are very resilient, so I am sure Haylee will be just fine! You are such a good mom to worry about her! There should be more mom's like you!!
Brandy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers