we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Blessings

We're missing church this morning because we all had a late night last night and have a busy day today -- but I still feel blessed this morning just reading my God Minute...

OH, CLAP YOUR HANDS, ALL YOU PEOPLE! SHOUT TO
GOD WITH THE VOICE OF TRIUMPH! FOR THE LORD
MOST HIGH IS AWESOME; HE IS A GREAT KING OVER
ALL THE EARTH.
( PSALM 47:1-2 *NKJV )

Dear Melissa,
Our Lord God, the Most High, is truly awesome! He
provides wonderfully for His Children. Therefore we
should focus daily on our blessings and give thanks to
our Heavenly Father for them. For if counting your
blessings becomes part of your daily routine, you will
find that your attitude toward life will change. You will
also find yourself becoming more positive, gracious,
loving, and humble, and will then find yourself singing
praises to our Heavenly Father as well!

King David wrote: BECAUSE YOUR LOVINGKINDNESS
IS BETTER THAN LIFE, MY LIPS SHALL PRAISE YOU.
THUS I WILL BLESS YOU WHILE I LIVE; I WILL LIFT UP
MY HANDS IN YOUR NAME. MY SOUL SHALL BE
SATISFIED AS WITH MARROW AND FATNESS, AND
MY MOUTH SHALL PRAISE YOU WITH JOYFUL LIPS.
( PSALM 63:3-5 )

So Melissa, PRAISE THE LORD! OH, GIVE THANKS
TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD! FOR HIS MERCY
ENDURES FOREVER. ( PSALM 106:1 )

Counting MY blessings:
1. my family and friends - they're awesome and I love them all!
2. i have a roof over my head - and God has blessed us once again by finding a HOUSE (with a POOL and JACUZZI - which we didn't NEED but what a gracious gift!) that we will be renting for just pennies more than what we pay now in our 2 bedroom condo - except this house is a 4 bedroom, 4 bath (one of the rooms connects with the master and there is a 4th bathroom outside by the pool). Praise GOD for HE is good....what a wonderful blessing!
3. my brother is here, whom i haven't seen in 2 years :o)
4. my baby girl, Haylee, is growing up so wonderfully - she's so smart & beautiful & HEALTHY
5. my church, it's the BEST with such incredible people whom i just LOVE
6. my job -- again, incredibly wonderful people and close knit
7. my husband (even though he's included in #1) -- i love him and he loves me, life is great with him in it! almost been married 8 wonderful years!!

I am so thankful! I think I'm going to make a written list and read it every morning of the things I am thankful for...I never want to be UNgrateful or complaining...we are all healthy and happy and life is too short to be grouchy all the time. ;o)

So on another note...you read #2 correctly -- we are MOVING! The house is in another city, only 5 miles from where we currently live. It's in a more established neighborhood also. Believe me, we've been praying about this move and it's finally GOING to happen! We're going to get a house (renting, but still, awesome!). It has a BIG yard (considering most southern CA doesn't have yards...unless you have your own land = you have to be rich, lol) - with a POOL (underground) and jacuzzi and patio and built in BBQ grill. It has 4 bedrooms, although one is connected (without a wall) to the master - so we're going to use it more like 3 bedrooms and use the connecting to the master as a WORK OUT/SEWING room. Haylee has her own bathroom! Yay!! Then we'll use the other as a guest room. :o) This house has a lot more space/room than what we have now.

We did research on the elementary school, because Haylee will have to switch schools and it's the highest ranking school in that district (higher ranked than even the school she will currently be in starting Sept 5th!!). We are going to try to make HER life and transition to moving and starting Kindergarten and soccer as smooth as possible by keeping her in the school she is starting Kindergarten in...in our city that we currently reside. So we have to wake up extra early - - it shouldn't be TOO bad. Also she's still playing soccer in the city we currently live in. We decided not to move her because she has friends currently in the Kindergarten she will be going into because of the YMCA....if it does get to be too much of a hassle, it shouldn't be a problem to move her later once we're settled into the new home. Pray for Haylee and our move. This will be the first move she will remember. We moved here to SoCal from Northern CA when she was 2 yrs old, so she doesn't really remember much, plus I was a stay at home mom back then. At first she's not so good with change...hopefully she'll be fine! :o)

I hope you all have a great LABOR DAY (lol Brandie) weekend!!
Love to all...
Mel

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Once again sis I am so happy for you guys and this new house! That is awesome!!!! When do you get to move? I bet Haylee will be ok with it...everyone has a little trouble with change but we all adjust...God will help her through! Well have a great day!
Love, Liz

Melissa De Mers said...

We will move in October. :o) Not sure of the exact date, prob around the 1st.

Thank you thank you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Melissa!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is just awesome! PICTURES, PICTURES! A new house!!!! Great school, great neighborhood! I am soooo sooooo happy for you! Haylee will just love it! I bet she is all excited about having a new bedroom to decorate! WOW! This is just great news. A new place to decorate! I bet your mind is wandering and decorating magazines are in your future.
GOD IS SOOOO SOOOOO GOOD! He supplies all of our needs and more if we just trust Him and ask Him to lead the way. He opens doors that NO MAN can! Thanking you Jesus right now for this huge blessings in Melissa and Tims life and that you will use them mightly in their new neighborhood. We know that it is by your divine plan that they are locating there. Thank you for the peace in knowing that you direct our steps when we acknowledge you in All thy ways. Amen.

HUGS!!!!!!
Mrs. Jones

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers