we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Love of another kind

I'm going to start off this post by saying...honestly ladies...does it not get worse and worse each year? Could football season be anymore aggravating? At least I have Haylee to talk to, but goodness I feel like a single mom for oh about 6 months out of the year! I have been packing and taking care of Haylee all day (not too much of a chore unless she wants to GAB while I'm doing it, LOL!) -- while THE BOYS (Eric & Tim) are at the Stadium watching FOOTBALL all day. Ok seriously, they left at 9am this morning and just got home at 4:30pm and ran to turn on the tv to watch yet ANOTHER football game. This time Mark came over (thanks for telling me guys, I've been packing all day so I've neglected the dishes and Haylee mess downstairs, ha ha ha) - good thing Mark doesn't care. ;o) At least it's not every day AND at least I'm starting to get into it a little more every year....well, I try. Ok...getting off my football frenzy rant.

Today at church...one word...AWESOME. I didn't go last Sunday and when I don't I just feel empty, like I'm missing something! The message truly made up for it and I feel triple blessed just being there. We learned about LOVE. One simple word right? The world has misconstrued it immensely in these times though. What IS love? Some would say having things, some would say lust, some would say money, no matter what you say it's probably been a faded version of what love REALLY means.

True love is what JESUS feels for us. It is truly love of another kind. We cannot explain it, we can FEEL it, we can let it live inside of us. Until you experience the LOVE of Jesus, you cannot honestly know what love is. We also learned that if you love Jesus, you must love PEOPLE. Sometimes...it is hard. Have you ever known someone hard to love? I have. I have many people currently in my life who are HARD to LOVE. People who have HURT us, people who we know aren't completely honest, rude people, people hurting themselves...there are people out there who are hard to love. BUT, love Jesus? Love people. The message is simple.

I felt completely moved and ALWAYS feel brought to tears whenever I'm in the service. I had my friend go with me today and she even said she felt emotional after the service, isn't that AMAZING? It's God! It's wonderful the blessings we FEEL when we let GOD into our worship and praise. I'm so very glad I have Him. I do not know WHAT I'd do without Him.

I hope you all walk into this week feeling LOVED and confident.

Only 3 more weeks until we MOVE. I can't believe it. I'm starting to freak out a LITTLE. I just started packing today. I am the world's WORST procrastinator so it took me 2 hours to pack 2 big boxes. ;o) But I was doing laundry and other things. Funny how the world doesn't stop just because you have some other thing to do (like pack). There will always be dishes to wash and clothes to launder and a child to care after. :o) I love it!

Happy week everyone!
Love you dearly,
Mel

3 comments:

Mindy said...

What a wonderful day at church! SO awesome! Great points...that's for sure. I miss church sooooo much and just wish that Alec would go to his class so that we could go:-( We just can't find one here that we like and Alec makes it so difficult since he refuses to go to class and I honestly don't think Mikayla would let us leave her in classs either...but Kris and I are going to try to find one this fall...again...we loved the last church we went to but it was TOO big...over 2000 people and I felt like a small fly in an army of people there but the pastor was just so fabulous and I loved his sermons. Alec hated it because all the people made him WAY full of anxiety:-(

As for moving...I can't believe you are moving again:-) I hope you really like your new place! How exciting. I know that I am dreading ever having to move even though we plan to in a few years. The thought of packing again makes me want to crawl under something. We just have WAY too much stuff. I am a PACK RAT! LOL.
MAny Hugs

Kat_D said...

Too funny!!! I totally understand your rant about football.... Mark didn't get home till past 8pm and was gone since 830am!!!! Noah and I had a whole day of no-daddy-ness yesterday... I know he was so happy to go watch the games with the guys....
So since that postponed my trip to glen ivy.. Lets keep that in mind so we can go... And girls night out is great for me anytime, you know that!!! Even if you just want to go window shopping and have dinner, take a drive to nowhere..(kimmy and i have the best time driving places and just singing our butts off in the car..too funny!)whatever it is... just give me a call anytime... and we'll do it!!!
Good luck on your packing...Remember patience!!! I know it sucks... The minute you think you're doing good and getting ahead.. You realize you've packed something you still need!!! LOL...
Talk to you later.

Monique said...

Good luck with all the packing and the move. I hate that part the most but having a new home is the best. It sounds like a wonderful place! Take time in your busy schedule to relax too! :-)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers