I always thought myself to be a VERY patient person. I think to an extent I am. I think with certain things I am more patient than in other things. I had more patience before I had a child I do believe. I also had more patience before I got married. :o)
Although I sometimes fall short, God is always there to put me right back to where I need to be. Take yesterday for instance. I had a PERFECT day set in my mind of how it was going to be. I am just like that. Everything in my day is pretty much planned & organized. If it doesn't go that way I am out of my comfort zone and I tend to get a little uneasy (that's put nicely).
Yesterday I was going to get off of work at 3pm, go pick up Haylee, take her to enroll her into her new school. I wanted her to see her new Kindergarten and meet her new teacher. I wanted to show her the TLC portable building so that she could get some peace of mind of where she'll be going on Monday. I called the school's office when I got in to work yesterday morning to make sure they could have the packet ready for us. I looked online and the office hours were 8-4. So I thought I'd get there just in time. I was wrong. The office closes at 3:30 and yesterday the office manager HAD to leave at 3:30 on the dot (she always has kids and life, go figure).
I was worried. One because I have been telling Haylee all week about this day and what we'll be doing (I like to prepare her). So she was excited. Now she couldn't go, because if I got off at 3, and picked her up and drive back to the new area, I'd never make it by 3:30. So I was stressed out, lost all patience. I called the school back to ensure she'd be there before 3:30 because as it is, I was going to cut it close by being that on time. I told my partners and boss I'd be leaving at 2:45 so I could make it there in time to at least pick up the packet.
So to make a long story semi-shorter. :o) One of the partners rushed me out the door at 2:30! He said, you should go take care of your family, they are what's important. This meant THE WORLD to me trust me. There is one partner who is a little sticky about letting me go even a few minutes early. Anyway...I prayed and I know God was there that moment speaking to this other guys' heart to let me go early! So I got to school early & I got to fill out the paperwork and I don't have to go back today at lunch to drop it off! :o) Can I get an AMEN?
Also I get to go to Haylee's new school's BACK to School night tomorrow night, and hopefully by then I'll know who her teacher will be so I can sit in on her class and see what the goals are for this year. :o) I honestly wouldn't have been able to fill out all of that paperwork with Haylee at my side. God knew what He was doing.
After that I picked up Haylee & we loaded up a car full of house stuff & took it over to the new house. Haylee LOVES doing that because she loves helping carry stuff into the house. ;o) She's such a good helper.
Anyway...my patience was restored. God is over ALL things and although this might sound minor to you...it really was a big deal to me as yesterday is the ONLY day I had to sign her up for school. I enrolled her into after school care (TLC) already on my lunch break on Monday. It's just been crazy, but I've been praying the whole time and God always meets me there when I ask.
THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING, AND A SEASON FOR EVERY ACTIVITY UNDER HEAVEN.
( ECCLESIASTES 3:1 )
I love this verse because it just reminds me that WE are NOT the decision makers in our lives. There is a higher power, and if we would just obey and listen to what HE has to say...our lives would just be SO much easier to live. :o) Thank God the world doesn't sit on MY shoulders! Ha ha...I'd probably lose my patience & throw it into a wall at times. ;o)
3 comments:
I am so happy to hear things worked out. I have been trying to find time to pray more during my day. It has been a tiring week to day the least but I am holding strong. Look forward to hearing all about Haylee's new school and TLC :-)
Awwwwwwww.....God is SO GOOD! He truly cares about every detail in our lives!
Great scriptures!
Hugs to you guys,
Mrs. Jones
Amen for you sis! That's great that everything turned out for you guys! I will be mailing that box soon...I kinda wanted to wrap the stuff but it just depends on what kind of wrapping paper I have...just thought it would be fun for her to open each thing...also one of the things doesn't look like it is going to fit in the box so I may have to think of some other way to send that...we'll see. Anyhow I promise I'll get it out soon! Good luck this weekend!!
Love, Liz
Post a Comment