I just thought I complain a lot. I do. I don't MEAN to, but I do and I hate it! :o) So now, in this very post I'm going to type that I'm soooooo very thankful. In our last service at church on Sunday the pastor was saying that if you're going through this or that and I reflected on my life and I am NOT going through any trials or anything bad at all. I am SO blessed. Thank you GOD. All praise be to you. Lord knows that I HAVE been through a lot -- throughout my whole life. I've been to the lowest of low and I'm no where near there right now.
God has blessed Tim and I incredibly over the last series of months actually. We have lived in a family friend's condo for about 3 years now. It's been grand! This place is BEAUTIFUL (you've seen a lot pictures of Haylee in it!) and we love it. We may want to ONE day increase our family - only by one more so don't get your hopes all up! LOL! I've been praying for YARD for Haylee to play in, she loves to be outdoors. We've been praying and praying - it's so very expensive out here to live. Then God opens this door that we really aren't paying THAT much more to be in this 4 bedroom, 4 bath home with a pool! Isn't it great? I would've never in a million years believed you 3 years ago if you would've told me I'd be where I'm at today.
God has blessed me with my JOB! Goodness only 1 short year ago, and God bless people who work in retail (it's very challenging at times!) but I worked as a sales person on the floor at Crate and Barrel. In a few short months moved up to Office Manager. In a few more months moved to a higher paying job (pay increase from $12/hr to $16/hr). That one didn't work out, but opened up a DOOR for me to move to another place and I'm currently making double what I did at Crate and Barrel only a year ago.
If you are in the lowest of lows, trust ME...I've been there. Tim and I moved to Southern CA as a leap of FAITH in GOD and it was honestly rough for the first 6 months to a year. We were SO broke. We felt defeated. We were in the lowest of lows. It was the scariest time in our marriage AND we had a child! But God takes care of you. You have to fully put your faith in Him and give Him your full heart and soul. He heals you. He lifts you up. He puts a comfort in your heart that nothing else in the WORLD can do. He's amazing. You can't full know that until you've felt it and you can't full feel it until He wants you to feel it and until He puts you in that place to break you - He does it to BUILD you.
So if you've heard me complain, I'm sorry. I have NOTHING to complain about right now. Sure, I'm tired. Sure, I have a lot to do, yet I'm sitting (tired) on the internet blogging about my thoughts when I could be packing or something to help me along with this move. Sure, I have a lot on my mind. But I have NOTHING to truly complain about right now. For, my faith lies in the only one I bank my life on....the one and ONLY living GOD. :o)
Thank you GOD...for my life, my husband, my AWESOME daughter, my new house, my job, my husband's job, my potential in life, in YOU, my church (I LOVE IT!), my FAITH, my family, my friends. Thank you so VERY much!
4 comments:
I know exactly what you are saying in this post Melissa! AMEN! AMEN! You are soooooo wise for your age spiritually and no wonder why Haylee is like she is spirtually as well. So spiritually mature for her little age!
I think I have been reading your blog for maybe 4 months now??? and I have NEVER known you to complain, but not be thankful at the same time. Big difference!!!!! It is normal isn't it to be tired and just be "who we are" At least you aren't trying to be someone you are not!!!! You are who you are and you share that with all of us on your blog. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that about you! You don't ever try to hide who you are as a person, but share from the depths of your heart. DON'T stop doing that ever!
So happy for your blessings that have come your way and I know you give ALL GLORY to our Heavenly Father!!!!!! He is so worthy of our praise!!!
Wish I could help you move, and I can't even wait to see pics of your new home and how you decorate and your pool and the outdoor area, etc,etc, etc. :)
Mrs. Jones
I love reading your blogs Melissa. I have to say you have lifted me up many days when I have been dragging. Not sure why but your spirit carries which is a wonderful thing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and family.
Hey sis, as you know I love to read your blog also...there are times when you don't update and I wonder what in the world is going on...wish I could be on top of this like you are. We all complain at times but I think we need a way to vent and that's just our way...so don't be sorry...I'm just thankful that you are a christian and that you are MY sister! I love you so much! Give Haylee a big hug for me!
Love, Liz
I think you should write an inspirational book or something... just to read this blog makes me want to cry because everything you say about being in the lowest of the low is true. Those are the trials we should be thankful for, it brings you closer to God and makes you appreciate what He has given us.
love
Sonia
Post a Comment