we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

wowsers

Yikes it got HOT this weekend! Topping almost 100 degrees. Crazy! Thank GOODNESS we have a pool and spa we can keep cool in. ;) We definitely used it this weekend.

Tonight, of course, our air conditioning went out. Isn't it really funny how things work like that? Not literally funny, but really...it never fails. At least it's supposed to get down to the 50's tonight. Whew, thank the Lord! Hopefully we can get it fixed soon! Might be sleeping in the pool...ha ha ha! {kidding...although Haylee would love it!}

This weekend flew by. We didn't really do much except for yesterday. Today we did not go to church, I wasn't really feeling good {but I think I'm getting better....!}. So we opted to stay home. We went out for a few hours just to drive around {I love that about us} and then we decided we needed some new clothes for New York. We are slowly building up our "NY wardrobe". LOL. It's not really a NY wardrobe, more of a summer time wardrobe. I have somehow - miraculously - lost some weight from last year to this year, so my clothes are a little big and it's nice to get something new once in awhile. Oh Tim picked out THE CUTEST little Billabong sundress for Haylee too. I can't wait for her to wear it!

This week entails me working my butt off tomorrow as our word processor is off and I'll be doing her job. I have to START working on my final project which is due mid-May {it's really closer than you think}. I STILL don't know what I want to photograph, but I am leaning either toward people....or JUST Haylee....or nature. I have narrowed it down to those three. I am leaning more toward nature just because it's much easier to photograph {film/black and white} and I'm really running short on time. If I could capture TIME and freeze it, my life would be much easier....ha ha what a concept. This is going to keep me busy...doesn't help that I procrastinate. Ugh!

I think Tim is going on a business trip this next week {or the week after} to the bay and I would *really* love to go with him. I don't know if it's possible, I would have to take Haylee out another day of school {already taking her out in May for NY}. We will see. It's just a day trip, but I LOVE the bay area, it's so pretty and nice. I miss visiting it when we used to live in the Sacramento area.

Anyway...that's about it because now I'm rambling {hee hee...typical}. Hope you have a fantabulous week everyone!

Love ya,
Mels

4 comments:

Brandy's Adventure said...

You will have to let me know if you come to the bay area!! Maybe we could meet up for lunch again? I would love to meet Haylee. She is such a cutie.
Sorry I have been a bad friend. It has been busy around here and I just don't get a minute. I DO read your blog daily, so I just wanted to let you know that I do keep up with you guys!
Hope you have a great week and glad to hear you are feeling better.
Brandy

Brandy's Adventure said...

P.S.
I know a GREAT place to eat right down on Fisherman's Wharf! I haven't been there in ages! It is right on the end of the pier and you can see Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge! I LOVE it!
Ok. Now I want to go there and eat. I wonder if I can convince my husband to take me there!
Brandy

Monique said...

I am sorry to read you have been sick. That is not fun and 100 degree temps!! Wow! I would never make it as a CA girl. I have to say some sun sure would be nice though. Hope you are feeling better this week.

Anonymous said...

Send you warm weather our way! We have frost warnings tonight! It has been pretty nice weather though these past few weeks for Ohio....in the 70's! That's good for us!
I am behind of blogs, so when are you going to New York????? That will be so much fun! Sounds like you are really busy! I am so proud of you for your going to photography school and that you are back to doing what you love and are gifted at.
Love and hugs!
Mrs. J

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers