we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

kind·ness [kahynd-nis]

Church tonight was awesome. We didn't end up going last Saturday and Sunday we just watched Joel Osteen on tv, but I knew it was meant for me, today's message that is. Isn't always that way? It was based on KINDNESS. A word in which this world is NOT familiar with. Lately that is. It shows every time you turn on the news and watch the world around you. It's the surprised face you get when you kindly hold the door for the person behind you at the mall. It's just not there anymore.

Our project for this week is to show someone, preferably not someone you know, an act of KINDNESS. Something you would not normally do. I just love these projects, it stretches your faith and makes you do things you wouldn't traditionally do and when you do them...something happens. Usually a small change in the way you view yourself, or life.

So that is my goal this week...a random act of kindness. I will try to keep you updated, therefore holding myself accountable. :)

I also learned...and pouring my heart out here as usual...that I haven't had the relationship or maybe I've had it all along, but have looked back a few times in the past few months...with God. We sang the simple hymn..."I have decided to follow Jesus" and I was just thinking...gosh...I just thought back to the day I accepted Jesus as my personal LORD and SAVIOUR. I was only 9 years old and we were having a time of invitation to the altar at church and something was just tugging at my heart to step forward and accept HIS love forever, into my heart...to stay. I can't even say in words how EXCITED I was that very day and little did I know that LOVE that I so willingly let enter into my heart would CHANGE my life forever. It has only grown ever since. I may not always listen to it, or do things as God would want me to do it. Heck, I'm human...I say that all the time and it's not an excuse but a fact.

But I just wanted to renew that 9 year old feeling of asking Christ into my life, how excited and on fire I was. I wanted everyone to know WHAT Jesus did for us and how important it IS to have HIM in your life. He will change it forever. This year will mark 20 years that I have had Jesus in my heart and this year I want to start making changes. For the good. For HIM. Lately, I haven't lived life as HE would approve. I know I'm far from perfect, but I want to live pleasingly for Him. :) I'm so glad that I went to church tonight.

I wanted to blog about our bowling last night, it was GREAT, but now I've ran out of time! So I will later...maybe tomorrow. Have a GREAT day. Love ~ Mel

1 comment:

mandy said...

OMG, I LOVE your blog and Haylee's blog. They look so neat with the backgrounds and headers! I wish I was diligent enough to keep up a family blog like you do! I started one in november of 06 and only made one post on it. :( Pretty pathetic. I just started a blog for my new business though and was wondering if you could tell me how you did the cool background and header? Miss you!

-Mandy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers