Ok I was just thinking of the sweetest thing my precious little girl said to me today! After I picked her up from school she was just chatting away {as usual} in the car to me. We pulled up into the driveway and she gets out of the car, looks up at me and gives me the BIGGEST hug. Then she says, "Momma, one day I want to be a Mommy JUST LIKE YOU!" then she goes on to say "You are so very nice and you are beautiful just like a princess.". Can you just IMAGINE how my heart melted?
I sometimes feel like I have to impress EVERYONE around me. I'm sure you know what I mean, or even feel that way too at times. I try to look nice, put on a nice smile, I try to be as genuine as possible...it's hard for me to be fake. Either I'm nice and happy and peppy and you'll know, or I'm just to the point and quiet and you'll know...either way you'll know my mood and disposition. But for a 5 year old to see the real me and in HER image I am perfect. It's an honor. :) To be her Mom.
Then somehow guilt started to sink in a bit. On Monday and Wednesday nights I have school, so I try to cook {and I don't really cook...not that I cannot cook...just don't and don't really LIKE to cook} something very simple. Quite honestly most Mon/Wed nights I just eat tuna and feed Haylee one of the top fav's {mac n' cheese, pbj sandwhich or chicken nuggets} and Tim fends for himself. Really, my family is awesome because they DON'T CARE if I don't cook on Mon/Wed nights and if it IS indeed a "fend for yourself" night, no one complains, which I adore about my family. :) They get me. But tonight I wanted to do something....so I pulled out a frozen meatloaf from Costco. Haylee put on her chef hat and apron and wanted to help me "cook" but sadly I had to break it to her...honey...it's a microwavable loaf. ;) {side note, it wasn't that good and usually Costco's frozen ready meals are halfway decent...but nixing this one off the list for future....gotta love hind sight} This is where my title comes in "sometimes I cheat" because I find myself doing this a lot. I either don't have TIME to cook a big meal or I just get lazy and cooking is not my forte, therefore we eat easy meals. Again, no one is complaining but I guess I feel guilty for my lack of domesticated-ness. {yea...I know it's not a word!}
I don't think I should feel guilty but I do. Oh well. :) Focusing on the good - I have more time to spend with my family the less I'm in the kitchen! ;) Hee hee! And really, Haylee enjoys doing anything with me. Why just today {while the meatloaf was microwaving...I know this is making a few of you cringe...Liz, Kathy....to name a few...LOL} - - I CRANKED up the 20's on 20 on my XM radio and we jammed out to some "Pocketful of Sunshine" and Haylee was laughing so hard I thought her sides would burst.
In the end...that's what life is really about, right?! ;)
2 comments:
Yeah, first off...I've never been a meatloaf fan...NEVER! And then to top it off...a microwaveable meatloaf...GROSE!!!!! But hey...sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do...right?!? I do love to cook but don't always have the time...but this week I made out a meal plan and although we are only a few days into the week I've stuck to it so far. It's ok that you don't like to cook...not everyone does...I believe as long as your family is fed and happy that's all that matters!
Have a great week...you princess mom you!
Love,
Liz
I think if we each asked ourselves that question about our own mothers....."Would we remember the great home cooked meals our mother made us OR would we remember just the FUN we had in the kitchen regardless if it was microwavable meatloaf or whatever! Would we remember the laughter and the time we got to spend together. I think any child would say "just spending that time with mom in the kitchen!" So I agree with Liz! Sounds like everyone is fine with just the way it is in your kitchen and the meals you provide or don't provide! They just love YOU!
So do I!
Mrs. J
Post a Comment