I LOVED my GM for today:
BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD, BUT BE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, THAT YOU MAY PROVE WHAT IS THAT GOOD AND ACCEPTABLE AND PERFECT WILL OF GOD. ( ROMANS 12:2 *NKJV )
Dear Melissa,
Do not let this World's values and moral standards take charge of your thinking. Instead let the Holy Spirit direct your thinking, by renewing your mind. For them you will be able to understand what God's Will for your life is!
After All, it is when we start following God's Will for us that we become filled with God's Love, Hope, Faith and Peace! Also we become a new person, the person we were meant to be. The Apostle Paul best described this when he wrote: THEREFORE IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; THE OLD HAS GONE, THE NEW HAS COME! ( 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17 )
So, SET YOUR MIND ON THINGS ABOVE, NOT ON THINGS ON THE EARTH. ( COLOSSIANS 3:2 ) So THAT YOU MAY BECOME BLAMELESS AND HARMLESS, CHILDREN OF GOD, WITHOUT FAULT IN THE MIDST OF A CROOKED AND PERVERSE GENERATION, AMONG WHOM YOU SHINE LIKE LIGHTS IN THE WORLD. ( PHILIPPIANS 2:15 )
Now "shine on" my friend, and may: THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST BE WITH YOU. AMEN ( 1 THESSALONIANS 5:28 )
Not that I don't like it any other day. ;o) But when it really hits home, I put it on my blog! I feel this way today and I think God had me read it at just the right time.
Sometimes I feel like I don't "live up" to everyone's standards here in California. I mean, I don't have a gucci bag or versace shoes or anything next or near it (more like Target shoes, and I do carry a Roxy handbag, LOL). Anyway...it was a day I couldn't find anything to wear, LOL. Sometimes it's hard dressing up nicely EVERYDAY. Argh! But I managed to find something and my shoes...well I am going to buy new ones today. Anyway it was very noticable when a girl at the crosswalk eye balled me up and down and gave me a fake smile. (Like I care...) But I couldn't help but notice her Dooney & Burke purse, pretty shiny black (I'm sure expensive) shoes and neatly pressed, fresh looking, expensive looking clothes with her mochaccino. LOL!
I thought to myself, how sad. Not ME, but her. I had on my authentic Melissa smile that I sweetly flashed her and a energetic bounce in my step. I just think it's sad when people think they have to own all of these expensive things and it's so hard to see their INNER beauty. Know what I mean? I'm not being out of line here (it is MY blog after all). But I just hate that.
Ok off my soap box. ;o) I just wish more people would think like me I guess!
Happy Wednesday!!
Love,
Mel
1 comment:
Wow... See moments like these make me even happier to live out here in the boonies..... Even though there are more than enough people like that out here too.... What a shame. They don't even get the meaning of life... Like I know it!!! LOL:)~ But I do know that it's certainly not about anything material.... You can't take your precious LV, or D&B with you!!!! It's about family, friends, memories and experiences... What they choose now will help them choose where they want to be in the end.... Thats how I see it... I think we all like nice things, but people are so excessive now. It's ALL about these material money pits.... $300 purses??? $600 shoes???? Out of control! Well, I think I'll jump off your soap box now too!!!
See ya Saturday...
Post a Comment