we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Finding myself

Here I am. Sometimes it's hard. I don't know how on earth working Moms do this. Maybe it's because I'm so scatter brained. I really am. :o) If you know me, you know it's true.

My job has been very demanding lately coming into some deadlines and I'm helping the word processor because she is truly overwhelmed (if you are reading this and work with me, you know she is...). At the same time I'm running my tush off. I am doing my job on top of it. This gets to be somewhat stressful when I have to get off early to take Haylee to soccer practice or acting class (we stopped this for now). Then on the weekends we have her games and church. I sometimes forget to truly reflect on how I'm treating my family during these busy times. I feel bad sometimes because I realize that when I'm in a hurry, I'm not so nice (hard to believe I know, LOL).

I think this weekend I'm going to find myself again. Starting next week I'm going to start my Billy Blanks "Boot Camp" dvd. I have a work out room now! Well, as soon as we move those boxes out of it anyway. I'm excited! I want to start eating right too. It's hard because I always want fruits and veggies and other people in the house don't always want those things...or they do but they want unhealthy foods too and hey, if it's in the house chances are, I'm eating it too. I think I've gained some weight...usually I lose when I'm stressed out. But we've been eating UGGGH unhealthy lately (it's easy). So...back on track I go starting Monday!

Speaking of Monday...it's Tim's 27th birthday. :o) Haylee wants to make Daddy a Raiders birthday cake. So we're going to attempt that I guess! Haylee's my inspiration to cook. Because...hee hee...unlike a lot of girls in my family...I don't cook! I wish I had the desire to do it more often, but I just don't. I'm the person that brings chips to the party. Yup that's me. ;o) Thats not true, I do try....sometimes.

I can't wait to get this house in order, start my eating right/exercise plan, then I want to make Haylee's tutu for her ballerina costume for Halloween (I also want to go to the Children's Orchard...a kids' consignment shop) to find a leotard and hopefully some ballet shoes for her (might as well check to see if they have anything...), then I need to get my tush in gear to get things together for one of my sister in law's (Brandie's) baby shower!!! I feel like I'm always on the go. Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew I think. ;o) Oh well...that's just me I guess!

Ok...I'm done rambling.

Here are some fun facts about me (one of my friends emailed it to me):

Four jobs I have had:
Babysitter, Sales Clerk at Mervyn's, Receptionist, Accounting Manager

Four Places I have lived:
Here goes ALL of the places I've lived....St. Charles, MO; Springfield, MO; Imboden, AR; Black Rock, AR; Panama City, FL; Hammond, IN; McGehee, AR; San Antonia, TX; Biloxi, MS; Abilene, TX; Layton, UT; Rocklin, CA; Aliso Viejo, CA; Lake Forest, CA...I think that's it!


Four places I have been on vacation:
Ensenada, Mexico; Las Vegas; Orlando, FL; California (before I lived here)

Four of my favorite foods:
Steak; Any CPK Pizza; Lobster Ravioli from Macaroni Grill; actually any italian food (I Italian food); ice cream

Four places I would rather be right now:
Sleeping in on a Saturday; Disneyland; with my sister Liz (miss you!!); on a forever vacation (but still getting paid, so I can afford to live in my house, ha ha!)


Four things people would never believe about
me: My age (when I go out I get carded EVERY time); that I've been in the Air Force...I actually don't think they could picture ME in boot camp...ha ha ha!; that I've been married for 8 years; that my eyes are NATURALLY this blue (no contacts!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought after reading your post. I think one of the very hardest things about girls your age is trying to accomplish everything in one day's time. I mean, you get up at the crack of dawn and never stop like you said, with the things that Haylee is involved in and then dinner, get Haylee ready for bed, etc, etc. Only so many hours in the day!!
But, is there anyway that you could be in a ladies bible group?? I just speak from experience when i was at your age. I was in a small ladies group and we were all mothers of kids around the same age and we are STILL friends to this day and talk all the time about how much our bible times meant to us! God just SHOWED UP everytime. We only met for an hour 1/2 but we went right to whatever we were studying and we just CRAVED that time together growing deeper in the Lord. It made us all better mothers and wives. There is just something about getting together and desiring to hear from the Lord when women are together. It is as if the Lord just knows how exhausted and torn we are in so many ways to be everything and do everything and He would be just right there in our little group to encourage us and love us and we would pray for one another. There was about 9 of us ladies and I still miss those times. Mindy was 5 or 6 yrs. old so I had to have been your age. We met for at least 6 yrs. YEP! You wouldn't believe some of the deliverances and things that happened at some of our bible studies! OH, it was so good!!!!!!
If you don't have one at church, maybe you could pick a night and try to get some mothers together and start one. There are so many great bible studies by Beth Moore and others. I know it would be hard for you to get out of the house on a weeknight, but just trust me in that it will be sooooooo worth it!! Just a thought. You know I love you and pray for you.
Also, wanted to say, I think you are so so hard on yourself honey. You really are. We ALL take 4 steps forward and go 5 steps backwards! All of us! But, that is how the Lord refines us and makes us into who He wants us to be. The main thing is that we just keep moving forward even if we keep falling back into old habits or whatever, (procrastination is mine! LOL....oh and many others!) But, God loves us and gently nudges us to try again! hehe!
Now stop worrying about anything and get some rest and enjoy your weekend and church on Sunday!
The Pastor emailed us to say that He had received a very strong message from the Lord and He is going to be speaking on: Adversity. I love Sundays. I know you do too.
Ok, this has become WAY too long. Sorry :(

Mrs. Jones

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers