So I changed her and she went back to sleep and woke up crying at 5:15am. She wanted to wake up (although she was half asleep). She says "look out my window, is it light out there?" so I pulled back the curtain and sure enough the sun was peaking through...but I assured her, it was WAY too early and to go back to sleep. So she did until her usually wake up time of 6:30am! I slept in a little too. Today Tim and his friend are off to the cruise and will be back on Monday. Girls' weekend! :o) Pray for us!
Anyway...ever wake up and you can't find a THING to wear? I know I have all these clothes, but where are they when I go to look for them? Am I the only one??? So I finally managed to find something after trying on clothes option #1 (which I laid out the previous night), I went to option #2 and ended up going back to option #1. :o) I'm a woman...we tend to do those things!
But I feel fat today...ever had a "fat" day? Kinda just crabby and you have little bags under your eyes and you just don't want to go to work...just rather sleep in with your hubby and little girl cuddled up next to you?? That was ME this morning. Maybe a little PMS-y too...who knows. ;o)
On the way to work I listen to a radio station called The Fish and they played a song (and of course I can't remember who sings it) but it's called "Fingerprints of God". I never took the time to listen to it until yesterday on my way to work and I started thinking about the words this morning.
Here are the lyrics (and since I googled these, it's by Steven Curtis Chapman):
I can see the tears filling your eyes
And I know where theyre coming from
Theyre coming from a heart thats broken in two
By what you dont see
The person in the mirror
Doesnt look like the magazine
Oh but when I look at you its clear to me thatI can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at youI can see the fingerprints of god
And I know its true
Youre a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And youre covered with the fingerprints of god
Never has there been and never again
Will there be another you
Fashioned by gods hand
And perfectly planned
To be just who you areAnd what hes been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living breathing priceless work of art and
Just look at you
Youre a wonder in the making
Oh and gods not through no
In fact hes just getting started
Then I got to thinking...it's really NOT what's on the outside that matters anyway. It's the spiritual conditioning on the INSIDE that God really cares about. So when I have days like this, I try even harder to get myself to LOOK just right - but God doesn't even look at us on the outside. Know what I mean? (it is early and I'm still working my way through coffee #1).
I said I was in a spiritual rut the other day...but I realized (just now) that is something that I control. No one else. And just because things aren't looking good on the outside (this includes my house not being completely unpacked or set up JUST the way I want it at this very second...it applies to how I look today and feel
My heart flutters just thinking of it...
1 comment:
Hey Mel,
I laughed when you mentioned your clothes issues.. Mark calls that my fashion show... When nothing is quite right or comfy... So I try on like a million things and end up wearing the first one I tried on... Too funny!!!
You two girls will have a great weekend, I'm sure of it... Nothing like one on one time with your little one... Making memories.. We'll watch over Tim for ya!!! I heard he was giddy when his buddy got here... Thats funny!!! I think Mark said Tims room is close to ours... Not sure...
Well, have a great weekend... We're going to get ready to leave home soon... We're going to make a few stops along the way so we can run some last minute errands, and then we'll meet everyone down there at the pier.
Take care,
Kathy
Post a Comment