we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

He speaks!

My GM this morning was AWESOME and it pertained to me on SO many levels that it brought tears to my eyes. :o) So maybe, just maybe it could help someone else too! I'm not going to let this fire thing control my mind today...for God has given me PEACE!

Love you all!

Here it is:

FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION BUT OF PEACE, AS IN ALL THE CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS. ( 2 CORINTHIANS 14:33 *NKJV )


Dear Melissa,

In this world today it is hard for most people to find any peace at all. Confusion abounds no matter where we go. Jesus warned us about that for He said: "THESE THINGS I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU, THAT IN ME YOU MAY HAVE PEACE. IN THE WORLD YOU WILL HAVE TRIBULATION; BUT BE OF GOOD CHEER, I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD." ( JOHN 16:33 )

After all it is written that: THE LORD WILL GIVE STRENGTH TO HIS PEOPLE; THE LORD WILL BLESS HIS PEOPLE WITH PEACE. ( PSALM 29:11 )

Therefore when you find yourself confused, Melissa, always look to Jesus Christ for: HE HIMSELF IS OUR PEACE. ( EPHESIANS 2:14 ) After all He said, "PEACE I LEAVE WITH YOU, MY PEACE I GIVE YOU."
( JOHN 14:27 )

Now that is a loving caring peace that we become filled with on our spiritual journey, and peace is only one of the many blessings we receive on that journey, for it is also written: THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH THINGS THERE IS NO LAW.
( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )

So Melissa, it is my prayer that you are well on your way down that spiritual path right now, and that: THE PEACE OF GOD WHICH SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEART AND MIND THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. Amen!
( PHILIPPIANS 4:7 )

* * * * * * * * *
Oh by the way...if you haven't signed up to receive your God Minute every day (and it's different everyday and different from everyone else's...) please go to: http://www.godsminute.com and sign up. :o) (that's for you Brenda...sorry it took me so long to respond!)

Love,
Mel

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Hi, Mel. Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you...3 miles is awfully close here in Idaho...LOL. Funny how it's a different perspective, huh? Thanks for posting your God's Minutes. I get them, too, and they ARE different from yours! :0) How neat is that?!
Last week at church I heard this song "Lifesong" and I said to Chris, "That's Mel's song!" LOL Thanks for posting that, too. I love that song!
Keep us updated on the fires. Love you!
Jenni

Brenda said...

Thanks for the address and that was a perfect post for today.
How are you holding out in the fires? It is scary to watch on t.v, I can only imagine how it is to be there.I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Brenda

Monique said...

Thank you for the link to God's Minute. I have signed up as I have really enjoyed reading yours when you post them. Thanks!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers