Hi there ~ well my Momma signed me up for the "God Minute" - to be honest some mornings I read it and some I don't (sorry Mom, LOL!). I realize that when I DO read it, it's more than likely something that touches my heart....(duh, right?)
Anyway...remember when I said I'm a worry wart? Well here's what the God Minute has to say about that...
DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING,
BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT
YOUR REQUESTS TO GOD.
( PHILIPPIANS 4:6 *NIV )
Dear Melissa,
I ask you wouldn't it be wonderful not to have any worries
at all! That is hard to imagine isn't it, for it seems like worry is
part of this life. The part of life that causes us to lose sleep,
damages our health, controls our thoughts, and causes us to
lose faith in God.
Jesus Christ asked: "WHO OF YOU BY WORRYING CAN
ADD A SINGLE HOUR TO HIS LIFE?" (MATTHEW 6:27). The
answer is simple, no one! Jesus also said: "DO NOT WORRY
ABOUT TOMORROW, FOR TOMORROW WILL WORRY
ABOUT ITSELF." ( MATTHEW 6:34 ).
So why not turn your worries into prayers, after all God
promises to supply all of our needs anyway! Therefore
there is also an added benefit when we turn our worries into
prayers, for God also promises us that: WHEN YOU LIE
DOWN, YOU WILL NOT BE AFRAID: WHEN YOU LIE DOWN
YOUR SLEEP WILL BE SWEET. (PROVERBS 3:24)
Therefore Melissa, turn your worries into prayers and
you will have sweet dreams, instead of sleepless nights! Also
then you may even start to count your blessings instead of
sheep as well! Amen.
So maybe it applies to you, maybe it doesn't but it SURE applies to me! I'll remember these verses this week as I'm working at this new (going very well!) job. :) Take care everyone.
3 comments:
Hey Melissa!
Thanks for sharing the awesome scripture! I love what you had to say and I DO worry alot, but I keep most of it inside. I am always worried about things that I can't control and I don't know why I do because what good does it do? Like I worry all the time that we will be stuck here at Travis forever! Not that I don't like it, but I want to be closer to home!! I am learning patience though! It is hard for me, but I am slowly learning how to be content with what I have and where I am!
I hope your new job is going great! I just finished reading a book called "Facing Your Giants" by Max Lucado! He is my favorite author and you should read it if you have time. Here is a quote that I said I am going to memorize.."Focus on giants-you stumble. Focus on God-your Giants tumble." How awesome is that? I love it!
WEll, I thought I would share with you. Sounds like you have a great mom!!
Brandy
Hi Melissa -
Glad your new job is going great. You deserve the very best. We miss ya at work but know you are happier! I love Max Lucado.
Judy
Ummmmmmmm.......it applies to me! Loved this post! Thanks.
Cheryl
Post a Comment