we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

I GOT A NEW CAR!!!

Yipeeeeeeeee I am so excited! So it started out yesterday - while Haylee & I were out at my friend's house doing the yard sale, Tim went "car shopping". He knew EXACTLY what I wanted & boy did he do a great job.

Because I didn't get to have my "dream vehicle" - which would've been a truck or SUV (due to gas prices it wasn't in our best interest), he picked the top of the line Nissan Sentra. It ROCKS! He looked yesterday and found the perfect one for me. :) It wasn't red, but that color would've taken awhile to get in. It's silver, which is good because it hides dirt when the car is dirty. ;)

The car guy let him take it home over night so that I could test it out and take it for a ride. :) So when Haylee and I got home from the yard sale it was surprising to see this car sitting in front! I fell in LOVE with it & Tim & I went ahead & went to the car dealer to purchase it. It has black leather interior, some sort of top of the line radio (rockford fosgate? Maybe the guys will know, LOL!)system, A SUN ROOF, intel-key (which means I don't have a metal key - I have a clicker thing and whenever it's inside the car I can start my car by turning the ignition!).

My car is so AWESOME and I'm very blessed AND excited! It is so much better on gas than the Altima. Haylee LOVES it. She thinks she's in a roller coaster when the sun roof is down...that is what she said, LOL!










Oh - as for my yard sale - I DID GREAT! I sold all of Haylee's old baby items, a bunch of clothes (ones that wouldn't sell on Ebay), old baby books, a booster seat, stroller, high chair, etc. I made $70 total - which I think is pretty good for things that were just taking up space in our garage! ;)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Have a great week at work. ;) I will be busy with work & getting ready for our Vegas trip next weekend!!

Love,
Melissa <><

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new car is beautiful. I just love sun roofs and convertibles! Aweseome. To think in a two week time span you got a fantastic new job and now a new car.

Good for you!

Judy

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hey Melissa!!
I was looking online and Hanford, Ca is actually closer to I-5, which is what we would take all the way down, so maybe that would be a great meeting place? THere are lots of hotels and restaraunts for whatever we decide? So, let me know. We don't have to make a decision right now.
Oh by the way...I am not old enough to have a daughter in High School, she will be going to JR. High. I just had to clear that up, but I don't think I am old enough to have a daughter going to Jr. High either...ha ha!! I about died laughing when I read your comment!!
Well, we will keep investigating where a good meeting place would be!! Have fun in your new car!!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Congrats on your new car! Wooohooo!!! I can't wait until next year when I can get something new. Of course, it will also be a Nissan (since Shawn works at the plant and all). I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats sis! Nice car...I didn't know you guys were so serious about getting a new car right away...but that's great news for you! I love you girl!!!! Wish I could've rode in the new car! Enjoy it! Love ya so much!
Love, Liz

Melissa De Mers said...

We've been actually looking for awhile now! :) I've done my shopping around. I didn't know what kind of vehicle I wanted for a long time.

I am in LOVE with my new car though! I love it!! I just hooked up the blue tooth in it tonight and Haylee thinks the car talks to us now. HA HA HA HA HA!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers