Ugh, it's about Haylee. Ya know, I love my child more than anyone will ever know. She has been SO good and she's polite and loving and spiritual, I just LOVE her.
BUT - - when she's bad...she's BAD. Haylee is very used to taking naps & I don't know if this is the reason why her attitude has suddenly changed, but in the mornings & when I pick her up from Grammy's each night, she is HORRID. I mean, horrible. She back talks, she tells me NO, she fights with me on EVERYthing. It's just making me scream! I am at my wit's end! I know she doesn't nap at Grammy's...because really it's just too exciting over there. ;) And she doesn't nap on the weekends, but yet doesn't act this way usually. I don't think it's the age because she's been pleasant up until this point.
Maybe it's the changes going on in her life. I don't know. I just hope it ends SOON. Pray for us! Sometimes it's hard being a mother....the good outweighs the bad, but I just want to cry when she acts this way! ARGH!
LOL - good thing I can vent here!
5 comments:
Melissa,
Keep your chin up! I know you are a wonderful mommy! Don't doubt that at times like this, OK!!!!!!!!
Parenting is exhausting and it is sooooo much training and takes so much patience and unconditional love.
I am wondering if you going to Vegas and going to a new school, her trying to do well at her acting classes, being with grandma and definitely NOT getting her rest, all adds up to alot for her age. I do think kids at this age start to feel so many emotions already as to growing up and becoming independent and some children don't handle changes very well. They get set in routines and hers has changed for right now.
Maybe now is a good time to start a really, really fun good behavior chart! Just google it and you will find some really awesome ones and many are Christian based. Rewarding good behavior! Working towards something really special.
Haylee seems the kind of little girl that would enjoy a rewards chart.
As far as the mornings, some people are just not morning people and I don't think that ever changes! LOL! I have a daughter who is one of them!
Treat yourself tomorrow to something special and I pray you have just a blessed blessed weekend as a family.
Cheryl
Hey girl! I love you all and I am always praying for you! I know it must be hard...keep your head up (and that reward chart sounds like a good idea!). Have a great day!
Love, Liz
THANKS girls!
She has had a rewards chart before and it DID seem to work. After awhile she just automatically did the things that were on her chart and I think the newness of it wore away. So maybe I'll have to bring it out again! :) Thank you for the idea.
I know now it was sleep and you're right Mrs Jones, probably all of the changes in her schedule. She's a creature of habit/routine, so she's not too fond of change.
Thanks for your prayers, I am SURE we'll have a great weekend.
Love you all!
Melissa
Melissa,
I know too that you will have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!!!
And well, you know how us girls are without our beauty rest! LOL!!!
Here's hoping little Miss Haylee gets all rested up and gives her mommy lots of smiles and hugs.
Oh, and I personally am SUCH a person of habit and sructure. I know it seems to others probably that I am in a rut, but I LOVE security and familiarity. We have lived in the same home for 25 years!! We could move, but this is just my home to me, where all of my memories are. Some people can change things around in their life on a daily basis and not bother them one bit!
I know Alec too, Mindy will tell you, DEFINITELY does not handle change well at all, and anything out of the norm for even a day throws him all off. Each child is so different and it is really fun to see how God created us all different.
Cheryl
Parenting is a hard and difficult journey at times...trust me...I know ALL to well. Alec is usually a very, very good boy but when he is NOT...OH MAN....watch OUT. SOmedays I just want to pull my hair out or hide under my covers. LOL. Which makes me feel like a BAD mom and that I MUST be doing something wrong. But honestly...I think it's just kids. No child is going to be perfect all the time...although I would LOVE it if he WAS. HAHAHAHA. However, Alec is very much a person of consistency. He likes to do things the same each and everyime and loves to be on a schedule. He needs that. His routine. He does NOT do well with changes or when he is tried. He is tried much of the time because he has not taken a nap in years and doesn't sleep well at night. He talks A LOT and thinks A LOT and I think this causes him NOT to get good sleep. His mind is always going. And therefore he is tired which lead to bad behavior. I guess I don't have a lot of suggestions other then to tell you that you are NOT alone and I have these same kids of days. I do. It is so hard some days...and other days are just so easy! Hang in there!
Hugs
Post a Comment