we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

My new Adventure

So, as most of you know TODAY was my very first day at my new job. :) I'll give you the play by play of my day...

This morning I woke up with knots and butterflies in my stomach. I know I shouldn't, but I just do...I'm a worry-wart and I think I may have a touch of anxiety at times. ;) I've always been this way...no matter how much I hand it over to God. Well Haylee and I had a good morning, she was in a GREAT mood. On the way to dropping her off at school she was a little crabby, so when she gets this way I always ask her to say a prayer to Jesus that He will put us both in a better mood so that we have a great day. So this morning before she prayed, I asked her to also pray for Mommy because today is my first day at a new job and I am nervous.

She looks at me and without skipping a beat says "Mommy, you don't have to be nervous, you have Jesus in your heart!". Oh boy did my eyes ever well up with TEARS! This child never ceases to amaze me....I just prayed silently as she prayed for ME - what a thankful mother I am.

My first day wasn't so scary! EVERYONE was sooooo nice to me. Everyone that walked by my cubicle greeted me and introduced me. I was trained on a lot today (a little overwhelming, like any first day I must say)! I actually jumped right in and started working. ;)

Then come lunchtime my supervisor and two other ladies took me to The CheeseCake Factory. Which is always nice, I LOVE their salads (I know, funny thing to have at the CheeseCake Factory...but hey what can I say?! They're tha bomb!). But BEFORE we left, I was called to the reception desk because I had a delivery....

To MY surprise, guess who sent me this???:





















Yup, you guessed it! My AWESOME, WONDERFUL, LOVING husband - Tim!! Is he a great guy or WHAT?! I love him SOOOOO much. Thanks honey! I sent him a message thanking him and he said he didn't know if he should sent those on my first day but wanted to because he is so proud of me.

Awww! I just love my family. I am so blessed!! Thank you Jesus! Who am I to be this incredibly blessed.

Anyway - as you can see my day was pleasant. So THANK YOU for your prayers on my first day. :) I do appreciate them a great deal.

Love always ~ Melissa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been checking and checking all night and praying you would post about your lst day!!! I have big tears in my eyes Melissa! YES, you are blessed honey for sure! That is about the sweetest thing that your husband did that for you. I am sure the women were wanting to know your secret in how to have a marriage like that!
And for Haylee to say not to worry mommy, you have Jesus in your heart! Ok, that just would have make me cry right there. Oh my goodness. What a sweetheart she is and to have such deep spiritual understanding.
Of course everyone was nice to you! Anyone would want to be your friend! Seriously! And good for you for jumping right in there today! It sounds so exciting and such an answer to your prayers. I am sure you will sure sleep good tonight and so will all of us who have been thinking of you constantly on your lst day!
I totally relate to being anxious and a worry wort! Ask Mindy!!!! I was constantly told I was way too overprotective. Now, I worry about my grandkids! It never ends! LOL!
Mrs. Jones

Anonymous said...

Melissa, sounds as if God really took great care of you again! Honey you are a lot like me, your mama, the worry wart, give to God, take it back...but we always finally hand it over and say okay God it is yours to keep and He then in return takes such good care of us. Yes Tim is a good hubby to you, how thoughtful of him to do that! Dad always does those little things for me and always has. That is true love! As far as Haylee saying what she proves she is being raised right. I can remember when you girls were little you would tell me those types of things also, so I know Melissa I did a good job of raising you and I am proud of you and your family. Family is very important. I am blessed to have three wonderful children, who two of have wonderful spouses. One (so far) wonderful grandchild and my wonderful husband. Thanks for sharing your first day and I pray that is stays a great job. Love ya, Mom

Brandy's Adventure said...

Sounds like you had a great day today Melissa! You should be proud of yourself, it's hard to get through the first day of a job!! I hope it is exactly what you want. I get nervous just thinking about joining back into the work field...YIKES!!!
Haylee sounds like a sweet little girl. You should be proud cause she had to learn it from someone!!
Hope the rest of your week goes well!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! Congrats on making through your first day! I knew you could do it! Way to score points Timmy! That was sweet!!! And after reading what Hay said I was crying!!! You can not even begin to imagine how much I miss her and how much I think about her! Please tell her I am thinking about her and I love her so much! Well hopefully this job turns out to be the one for you sis! I am praying all continues to go well! I love you all and miss you!
Love, Liz

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your first day went well! What a sweet thing for Tim to do, too! And what a beautiful thinf for Haylee to say! You and Tim are doing a wonderful job raising her!

Mindy said...

The first day of work is always the worse! I am just terrible about things like that. New things...new places. And I DO have anxiety. Terrible anxiety. I would have been sick over the whole thing...ask my mom. But you did awesome and I am so proud of you for getting out there and doing something you want to do. Just awesome! So proud of you! And as for your hubby....HOW SWEET WAS THAT!? YUM YUM too.
Many Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hey - the office is so lonely now. I miss having you around and am very happy for you and your family. Congrats!!

Melissa De Mers said...

Thanks everyone for your comments! Truly means a lot to me. :)

Love you!!!!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

You always say God has blessed you and it is easy when things to your way. What about when life hands you lemons? then doDo you think it is you fault and God is punishing you? Your life is good so faith is easy. Try trials and then tell me about faith. With all going well is easy to believe.

Melissa De Mers said...

Last commenter - that is actually a WONDERFUL question. And maybe others could view it as a negative comment. But I don't take it that way.

When things do not go my way (which they do not alot of times, believe it or not - I may not always post about those times) - and trust me when I say life has NOT always been easy for me. Not by any means.

I have always had God in my life. At the tender age of 9 yrs old I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour. From then on, I decided to dedicate and LIVE life for HIM.

When things go wrong - I still, turn to Him. He doesn't always give me everything I want. A lot of times he throws me lemons. It is up to ME to decide how I want to use those lemons. Do I use them to turn my life SOUR to Jesus? No.

Do I take those lemons and try to find the positive spin on it? (make lemonade?) Possibly. I most certainly try to - that is for sure. :)

Faith is NOT easy - whether things are always going your way or whether you are living paycheck to paycheck wondering where your rent is going to come from (been there, done that also). Faith is something you have to learn to do. It is not always easy giving it over to God and putting full FAITH in HIM. Not even for a Christian.

But ONCE you DO - once you TRULY do - HE WILL NEVER FAIL YOU.

God bless you, keep reading & have a wonderful day.

Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Melissa -

There are instances when someone does the right thing and still God does not appear to bless. I feel that stuff happens and you can be the most God fearing perfect little Christian but still life deals you a harsh hand. A great testimony would be how one handles this kind of stuff.. Do not want to be negative but want to be real.... What about when God or whatever hands you a crappy hand????????? sorry I am real.

Melissa De Mers said...

Hi my friend - well God deals people a "crappy hand" at times. I know those people, I've actually BEEN THERE. I am not going into detail about my past/personal life. But life at one point certainly wasn't easy.

I personally had a "crappy hand" I had to work with growing up. You may not know what that is, but that is fine. Trust me it was crappy.

I believe what you said to be true "a great testimony would be how one handles this kind of stuff".

For a LONG time I didn't handle it. I let it sit inside and eat my insides out. Once I got over it, and worked through it (I believe only by the grace of God - through my friends, family, husband - by reading my Bible and having a great relationship with God) - I felt like a whole new person. I still had a "crappy hand" but I turned a negative into a positive.

The crappy stuff God (or Satan) deals me - I don't let it bog me down. He never gives me anything I cannot handle - He promised that in the Bible. I trust Him. I trust that HE and ONLY HE (GOD) knows why I'm given this crappy hand and trust that one day HE will reveal it to me.

That's just how I feel. :)

Mindy said...

I have to post to anonymous as well. Because her points are valid ones and I know that life CAN be a struggle.

Let me tell you about the "crappy hand" that I was dealt. It can be summed up in one simple word. INFERTILITY. My husband and I were blessed to have our "miracle child" Alec and then....nothing. Tests and procedures later we were told that Alec was indeed a miracle and that we would not be able to have more children. Why? Why did God deal me this hand? Why do people get pregnant EVERY SINGLE DAY that do not WANT to be and we wanted to be pregnant and could not have another child. It would have been easy to turn on God and question Him. To question my faith in Him and withdrawl from my relationship with Him. But I didn't. In fact, I kneeled in prayer and prayed that he would show me why he dealt us this "crappy hand." And he did. You can check out my blog to see what path he intended for us and why we were unable to have more children.

I have not always had a "rosy" life. In fact, many of us have not. But I take everyday that God gives me and I look at it as an immense blessing because I am here, I am alive, and I have so much to be thankful for.

Having faith in God is a true journey. You don't just wake up one day and suddenly have FAITH. It doesn't work like that. You have to build your faith in Him by believing in Him and His plan for you. God doesn't want us to feel sad, or lonely, or betrayed. He loves us, ALL of us, in our good moments and in our bad moments. He created us and we a part of Him. Believing and trusting my God is the best thing I have ever done in my life. I know that without God in my life I would question so many things. But I have peace in knowing that things are going to work out just fine in my life. Because I trust and love my Lord. No matter what "lemons" he throws my way... I will take them because they are usually intended to make me stronger, to make me wiser, to make me who I am. And we become who we are through the love of God.

I don't know where you are in your life and I don't know what has made you question Faith. I do know that God loves you and whatever you are going through...He is there for you. You just have to let him in.

God Bless You!
Mindy...mommy to Alec and Mikayla FAITH

Melissa De Mers said...

Thanks Mindy for posting too! I have been praying all day for this anonymous commenter.

I turned on my radio on my way to work this morning and they were talking about GRACE. As humans, we think we deserve God's grace. Or that we can somehow EARN it. This is not the case. We have a GOD, a loving, caring, nuturing, SAVING GOD that gives us grace. It cannot be earned or gained by being who we are.

I believe that GRACE and FAITH go hand in hand. God is gracious enough to give you His grace...you just have to have faith. No matter what paths in life you have chosen or what road in life you have trod.

All you need to do is trust Him completely and fully. When you can honestly do this - you have utter faith. He will never let you down if you truly have faith.

God...for anyone reading this today, I pray that you just bless them. Even if they were posting these comments as anonymous because they know ME (I know that some blogs can be seen by anyone) - and they thought I would get mad for what they had to say. I'm not like that God. I just pray that you lift this person up, heal him/her today, restore their FAITH in YOU and only you.

Anonymous said...

I do not agree that God hands out a crappy hand, I believe this old world is so full of sin, and that is where crappy hands come from. God allows us to make our own choices in life and sometimes we make the right ones and sometimes we don't. The devil is the only one who gives us a crappy hand in life. God tries to lead us in the right direction and satan leads us down the wrong road. I know bad things happen to good people. But this is life, no one in this world will go through life without some bad things happening in their life. It is sad and hard but it always makes us stronger if we keep our eyes on God. If you put your faith and your eyes on man then you will always have a crappy hand. Anonymous, if you will read your Bible and pray and ask God to lead you in the right direction, life will become much better for you. NO it will never be prefect, but it can be good. I am sorry for whatever has happened in your life to make you so sad, but it wasn't God. He can pull you out of this and give you your life back. I will be glad to pray for you and ask for God to lift you up out of this. You are not alone in this world feeling this way. Believe me I have went through many many rough roads in life and there have been times, I felt no love in my life. I wondered why I was even in this world. But once I turned to God and kept my eyes on Him, I knew there was hope and faith and love. I still have to remind myself of this at times. If I turn my eyes off of Our Lord God I fall back into it. If someone like myself can go through what I have in my life and still have faith in God and believe then anyone can do it too. Please turn your eyes upward and believe.
With Love in Christ.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers