we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Procrastination desperation

Ok - another confession. I am a BIG procrastinator. I don't mean to be. But I am, just the same. I think I ONLY procrastinate on things I don't want to "think about right now". I was laughing silly at an email my sis in law (Kathy) sent me a week ago about packing already for our Vegas trip this weekend. But now I wish I were her! LOL!

It is just Tuesday night - but we're leaving Thursday afternoon (and I'm going to work, Tim is picking me up on the way to the airport)! I still have 4 loads of laundry to do, finding my suitcase (yes, you heard me right, I don't even know WHERE it is!), packing Haylee to go to her great Aunt's for the time we're gone, washing all of her clothes (have to do that TONIGHT because we are dropping her suitcase and stuff off TOMORROW at Aunt's house.

No, this is NOT a procrastinator's world! Time runs thin when you procrastinate like I do. :)

Also, I don't mean to complain or be ungrateful, but GEEZ Haylee is grating on my nerves tonight too! She's being needy, I guess she can sense something is up and that Mommy needs to focus her mind on ten different things and not a one of them are HER! LOL! God give me grace. LOL.

Info on my new car ~ to everyone who asks - YES I LOVE it. It seems like people have been wondering WHY I got a (smaller) car too. Well, the answer is simple. Gas prices. It is $3.50/gallon here. It has been up to almost $4/gallon. I just cannot AFFORD it and live comfortably. :) I actually love my new Sentra, I feel so young and SPORTY in it too. ;) Haylee just LOVES it. The other day I set up blue tooth in it so that I can talk and drive (thanks to my dear HUBBY!) - - Haylee was crackin' up in the backseat when the "lady" in our car was talking to her! It was hysterical. She LOVES to call Daddy everyday to talk in the car now too. I just think it's wonderful. I did get pooped on by a birdie today...nice. I guess a new clean car was just too much to pass up eh?

Ok well if you don't "see" me for a few days - - I'M IN VEGAS!!!! Tim won a trip (his whole office at work did) - so we're ALL going to Vegas baby, yeaaah. ;) It's going to be so much FUN. We haven't been on a vacation in AWHILE! I'm using my fake 'n bake lotion, so maybe I'll even look TAN! I can only hope. ;) :P

I have to get going now....3 more loads of laundry to get done tonight....whoppeee...and it's already 9pm! Yikes!

Your fellow procrastinator,
Mel <><

2 comments:

Brandy's Adventure said...

I am a HORRIBLE procrastinator too!! I totally FEEL you on this! I make myself a list like weeks before I need to get stuff done, but don't really know why I do it cause I don't pick the list back up until the night before!!! I am pretty bad about putting stuff off, BUT I always always get it done!! One way or another!!
I know what you mean about a smaller car and gas prices. Actually that's why we have a van because it gets REALLY good gas mileage!! I won't be trading my van in for a car or SUV for a few more years now (when the kids are out of the house!!!)
Kids sense when things are up and when we are stressed, so I am sure that is why Haylee was being so needy. Jaelyn drives me bonkers sometimes too when I am stressed about things or trying to get anything done. Getting ready for the home inspection was a nightmare cause Jaelyn was constantly behind me either messing up or wanting something!! KIDS!! But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!!
Have a great time on your vacation! You actually won't be too far from us! Make sure you update when you get back!!!
Brandy

Cheryl Jones said...

Melissa,
I feel so behind! A new car! WOW! How awesome is that!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the video you did for Tim. Just love it!
Procrastination! That is my middle name! I dislike that quality in myself so much and just can't seem to break the habit!
HAVE FUN IN VEGAS! WHOO HOO! A getaway with your hubby! Can't wait to see the pics when you get back! I hope you just have the best time and I know you will.
Love ya!
Cheryl

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers