It started out just fine, I had to be at work at 7am this morning for a meeting prep. I remember not feeling hungry for breakfast, but I had 2 cups of coffee and a slice of pineapple from the meeting (that was left over). It was fresh and all, I tried to eat some grapes, but wasn't hungry this morning. And if you know me, you know I LOVE food. So it's really NOT like me to not feel like eating. I didn't and don't feel sick. Just the usual girl stuff going on, LOL.
So anyway lunch time rolls around and I am still not hungry. So my friend Steph wants to run errands and I go with her. I got a medium Jamba Juice (Aloha Pineapple...there goes that pineapple again, LOL) with an ENERGY boost. After that I was not the same. :) I am not saying it was the JJ, but maybe?! Or maybe the fact that is the closest thing I came to eating FOOD ALL DAY. WRONG decision. By 3pm I was feeling REALLY weird and spacey (yes, moreso than usual, if you can imagine that!). At 4pm two people were talking to me in the copy room and my face got super red and I got really HOT and I start shaking and feeling like I'm going to black out. Weird! I guess not SO weird given the fact I hadn't eaten all day. :(
All the same I was embarrassed. I don't like feeling like that and for anyone to ask me if I am ok (because apparently I didn't LOOK ok) really makes me feel vulnerable and not myself. So I finally ate a peanut butter granola bar and I stopped shaking. I'm nuts! But why wasn't I hungry? I don't know. Does that ever happen to you? I should know how to take care of myself better for cryin' out loud, I'm an adult. I felt stupid actually. :(
Anyway...my friend Tammy called me on my way home and she wanted to hang out this weekend. Well, I called her back because Tim was (is) out with his friend tonight so what a perfect night to go out with her. Her daughter, Gracie, is how we really met. Gracie & Haylee went to preschool together when they were 3. They've been friends ever since. They don't live near us and obviously haven't gone to the same school in a few years, but we still try to hang out. We hadn't seen them since before Christmas! So it was so fun to hang out. We met them at the stable (Tammy has a horse, Neisha). Then we got El Pollo Loco to go and ate at Tammy & Gracie's house while the girls played. It was awesome. I had A LOT to eat...burrito, side salad, flame broiled chicken leg and some tortilla chips. :) So I felt physically better. Yay! It was good catching up and I think I convinced Tammy to bring Gracie on Sat night to our Easter service. ;) We'll see!
I will post a pic of Haylee & Gracie on her blog in a bit. They're so cute together. I wonder if I can find one of them from back a few years ago...I will try.
At any rate it ended up being a great day. At work today I just felt icky. Like I didn't want to be there and like I was doing everything wrong. I've had that type of WEEK I think. I don't like it. I am going to pray tonight that I can get refreshed tonight and start feeling better about myself at work this week, about the people (some of their attitudes and character just drive me up the wall right now...PMS and MEAN do not mix well in a chaotic busy seasoned office...!), about MY attitude also. I think I'm going to purge my files and clean out my desk to make it look nice too, and my computer. That should make me FEEL better anyway. :) I'm excited about it, now that I'm typing it out and thinking out loud. Yay!
I hope everyone is having a great week.
Love
Mel
ps. I miss your comments...I know you are busy. I am too.
2 comments:
Too bad I never feel un-hungry! I might lose an ounce or something..haha! Yeah you better take good care of yourself! Eat at least something small even if you are not hungry...and those granola bars are good for that!
Glad you had fun with the girls! Work is SO busy for me this week after my vacation...it almost doesn't pay for me to go...but it was fun!
Well have a great day sis! I miss talking to ya...we'll have to call each other this weekend!
Love,
Liz
Sorry about the lack of comments! It has been busy around here. When I do get a chance to get on I just post something real quick!Then there are nights like last night when I don't get home until really late with all the kids AND we didn't have power for 10 1/2 HOURS! It was horrible....anyways, enough with the complaining!
Hope you feel better! You HAVE to eat girl, whether you feel hungry or not. I get like that when I don't have food OR enough water. I actually black out alot. Scary huh?
Make sure you eat today! Have a great day!
Brandy
Post a Comment