we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

not what i expected

I know you are wondering so I'll just lay it out for you. :) My mid-term wasn't really what I had expected. I don't mean to ridicule my teacher but I really don't think test creating was his "cup o' tea". He didn't really ask the questions properly if you ask me (and a few of my other fellow students thought the same way I'm sure). Anyway...we shall see. I don't really have a good feeling about it, I guess I should've studied more, but I really thought I had it down. :( So I was a little bit bummed about that.

I did, however, print another portrait. One of Tim. It turned out pretty good except this one highlight I couldn't tame...LOL. But I will copy and post it on here tomorrow hopefully. :) I thought I could've done better at it as well...but oh well! Spring Break is next week, so I'm looking forward to that little break.

I really WANT to sign up for more classes this summer but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. The VA guy is kind of sitting on my paperwork and I called him last week and he told me two different stories, so who knows. The VA people in Oklahoma are AWESOME, it's the "students" they put in the VA offices at the schools who don't have their acts together and it gets frustrating. I also have to meet with my counselor AND do the matriculation assessment before I can start classes. So we shall see! I am FOR SURE taking more this fall. I love it. It's a lot of work and sometimes I don't know how I am going to be able to do the harder classes but I know I'll get through it. :)

Well just thought I'd get on here and talk about that! Oh and I'm SO excited, I just bought my bathing suit and some board shorts - the bathing suit I got from Ebay it's by Raisins (Roxy) and the board shorts I picked up at Target. They are hot pink with white hearts on them. I have decided to not worry about my lower body (the problem areas for me) and just wear board shorts and start working out! That's all I CAN do right?!! I can't WAIT for Summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!

I hope all went well on your mid-term! That's so awesome you're taking a class. That takes a lot of discipline. I remember when I went back to school while I was married, I had a hard time staying focused and finding time to study. And I don't even have a child to take of. Kudos to you for staying determined and motivated!

I met an art teacher during my Palm Springs trip who teaches Photoshop through Adult Ed. in Saddleback Valley. I know it's not the same as photography, but I'm thinking of taking it to learn how to do cool stuff with pictures and the computer.

Can't wait to see your picture of Tim!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers