we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Thank GOD we're free

I just wanted to take this time to thank the men & women in the military for giving their lives so that WE can be free.

In 1998, right after graduating high school I knew that I wanted to join the US Air Force. I was 18 years old, didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I wanted to go to college, but didn't have once picked out or a way to get there even if I did know where I wanted to go. I was scared, I was young, but I felt BRAVE. I have God on my side, how could I go wrong?

Even though I didn't end up going overseas anywhere or actually fighting in combat - I feel as if I had a part in serving our government & I felt very PROUD to do so. The Air Force helped mold me to the person I am today. I am very disciplined in pretty much everything I do, responsible, neat/organized and timely. I truly feel these characteristics came from being in the military. I was stationed first in Texas (where I met Tim) then we got stationed in Utah.

EVERYWHERE we would go - if we were in uniform - off base - people would come up to us and hug us and tell us THANK YOU for serving. It was the most unique thing I had ever seen. Especially in Texas people did this. We would go off base for lunch & people would hug us! Right in the middle of a Taco Bell. Isn't that funny?! I felt kind of silly, because I had a desk job. I definitely understand their kindness though & gratitude. I hold everyone serving in the armed forces in HIGH honor now. I have great respect, those people...their families...ALL go through A LOT! Separation, constant worry of their family member serving while they are away, just everyday sacrifices to be related to someone serving...it can wear on you.

So let's just take this time to pray. Pray for those serving in Iraq right now. Pray for those serving everywhere right now (even if it's a desk job person in Texas...like I was!). Everyone of those people go through things everyday - make a lot of small (or large) SACRIFICES so that WE can live a free life. No one serving should go unnoticed. Pray for their safety, for their families, for our government. Pray for our President. Let's remember - we shall never FORGET those men who died for us so that we may live a life of FREEDOM.

Get your own glitter and more at BlingyBlob.com


Love,
Melissa

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers