we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

God has a plan for YOU

Isn't it amazing that we were each born - created specifically by the hands of our Creator - and each and every one of us has a plan, a purpose for our existence! Well, I find that just amazing & miraculous. :)

I just wanted to share a little bit about me on here, since it is my blog and all. (Tim's too, but I promise you'll never see him on here, LOL. He's not a writer ~ but I do read to him what I write!)

Just a couple of years ago I came across a stumbling block in my life. It's way too personal to type up details on here & besides it is not something I tell just anyone. This stumbling block was something I had been holding onto for YEARS. By years I mean over 20 years. I finally one day decided to let it go. The reason behind letting it go - it was ruining me as a person. It got into my heart and left a bitterness that only Satan can feed. It was damaging myself, my friends, relationships and sadly my marriage. I would say it was THE hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

For those of you who truly know me, you know. Thank you for standing beside me & caring for me & understanding. Thank you for you are my dearest friends & family. Thanks for those who listened as I tried making sense of my life & helping me make decisions to move forward with the future. Even thanks to those that weren't there for me at first, but came around later & acknowledged my hurt & pain. Everyone - in one way or another - taught me a lesson in life.

Ever since then - something has been forming in my heart. I actually don't think I was aware of it at first. Maybe I was trying to ignore it because I didn't think I was good enough to do anything good for God. I wasn't and am not - by any means - perfect or even close to it. I do not claim to be. There is only ONE who is of pure perfection & my light shines pale to His. But definitely I felt a tugging on my heart of wanting to do something amazing with my life, my testimony (no matter how painful my past), my faith for HIM. It was almost like when I first received Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I was nine years old. I wanted to shout it out on top of mountains that Jesus is the WAY, TRUTH, and LIFE. :) I even wrote everyone I knew & told them they were "in for it" if they didn't receive Him as their Saviour. I know that is the wrong way to go about it, but try telling a nine year old that. ;) I just want to do something good for God - something that makes a difference in someone's life - I just want to stand on that mountain top & praise His HOLY name & drag everyone with me!

I am a passionate person. I think a lot of people are. So for months I've been praying, looking in my church's bulletin, praying, and just wondering "where do I fit in - in this big picture?". I am not and do not want to do this for MYSELF, so please do not get me wrong. I want to honor God. In every way acknowledge HIM. One day my pastor made an announcement of a "prayer circle" that our church does. Someone emails it out to you & you pray. I thought to myself, well that is a start. That is easy enough, anyone can pray. ANYONE can pray. Can just anyone pray? I received my first prayer list last week. My heart literally BROKE for each & every person on this prayer list. This prayer list is a heavy-duty one. I cried as I prayed for Danny Morales, an eight MONTH old baby who had open heart surgery. I was saddened as I prayed for a teenage girl who dedicated her LIFE to Jesus & had some sort of lump on her spine in which she needed surgery to remove. I have been crying every single Sunday service. I really honestly think God is softening my heart. I wonder if He does this sometimes to people to humble them before Him - I believe it helps when you are praying for someone to FEEL their pain. Does that make sense?

I think I may have found my calling (or at least one God has in store for now!) - I am at peace when I pray for others. I have been trying to instill the importance and the POWER of prayer in my daughter, Haylee. If you've been reading her blog, you know her HOPE for the FUTURE is to pray. Out of the mouth of babes. I think maybe if we ALL stopped and truly just put your heart into someone else's shoes - imagine losing all of your children in one horrid car accident - imagine never being able to hold your babies again - imagine going home to an empty house that used to be filled with noises of little feet & giggles. Can you imagine and put your HEART in someone else's? Can you pray for those people like they are related to you? I feel God has instilled this ability in me. I am not bragging. I am simply stating...God is amazing. He knew way back when I was HURTING that He was FORMING my heart into a heart of a prayer warrior. I truly believe this.

I truly believe He has a plan for ALL of us. Are you listening to Him? If you are listening, are you following? He has big plans for you too. He creates us for a single purpose. You are not just here just to be here. You have meaning. :)

I love you guys - if you got this far thank you for listening to my thoughts & feelings. I love everyone that leaves me sweet comments. Even if you don't, I know you're reading. Have a blessed day! Love ya....Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa -

This is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for your prayers regarding my situation. After reading what happened to that family on Friday I was humbled and grateful that my problems are not so great. I spend the weekend listening to some Joyce Myers CDs, taking long walks, and went to church. I feel much more positive and know that God does have a plan. I will be OK with whatever transpires next week and will not blame God for the evil that man does. I got down that last three weeks and let Satan tell me that everything is hopeless. Well, it is not hopeless. God is in control.

Brenda said...

You are such an inspiration. I love reading your blog and your excitement regarding religion. Your posts encourage me to do so much more. Thanks my friend..

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers