we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

another year older...

...29 years ago TODAY, i was born. i believe i've heard the story many times before how stubborn i was and how i didn't want to come out and gave my mom grief from day one! ;) hee hee...but i believe if you ask her, it was well worth it.

today was a REALLY good birthday actually. i woke up and Haylee serenaded me with her sweet little voice! then just as i was walking out the door i found a Soap & Glory bath gift set that Tim (& Haylee) got me. the deal is, i'm getting my much desired DSLR camera for Christmas, so i wasn't expecting much of anything (except maybe dinner?) for my birthday. but it was soooo nice, the bath & body products smell SO yummy! and clean! and yummy!

i worked today and once i got there - there was a banner that read "Happy Birthday Melissa" on my monitor. how sweet! my office pals thought of me. then later on i found a card with everyone's signature and a note. i thought that was really great, i loved it. two of my office pals took me out to Red Robin for lunch! my friend Nate bought me an iced chai tea! i am a spoiled little girl, for sure. and blessed to have so many people thinkin' of me. thank you everyone, i love you dearly!

oh, during work i got a call from my sister Liz (i love you so so much), my grandma Rustie (i love you so so much too Gma and miss you too) and my really GREAT friend Christin actually SANG to me...on my voicemail. it was super cool, she also said some very kind words and oh it really made my day. :)

when i got home i checked the mail (i had been told to expect some cards in the mail) and got THREE birthday cards...from my sis, grandma & my momma. my mom called me and sang to me too tonight!!! i love it! i love when people sing to me, lol.

to top it off my awesome mom-in-law came by and dropped of a TRIPLE CHOCOLATE birthday cake...just for ME!!!! how sweet is that? it was pretty flippin' sweet. yuuuuum.

after Tim got home we got cleaned up and just went to an outdoor mall here and grabbed a quick bite to eat at Wahoo's and then we went shopping with some bday money i got. :) i got a new shirt from Tilly's, yay. we were tired so went home after that and ate some bday cake and now here i am bloggin' about it all.

to everyone that made my special day even MORE special: thank you. i love you. cheers to 29...the last of my 20's.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy, happy birthday Mel! Love ya!

Elizabeth said...

You are SO beautiful sis! The pic of you and Haylee is so cute with her not having any front teeth!!!
Love,
Liz

Anonymous said...

Oh I didn't know it was your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY and may all of your prayers and dreams come true this year as the Lord works in your life fulfilling his destiny for your calling on this earth.
I love this picture of you and Haylee. It is a priceless picture of the 2 of you and one you will look back on as such happy times with your little girl. Although they are always our "little girl"
Love you,
Mrs. J

Barb said...

Yes that was a long day 29 years ago, but well well worth it!But no you didn't want to come out into this world for sure. Then they finally knocked me out and made you come out!! (26 hours of labor) LOL
I remember waking up the next morning around 5 AM and thinking where is my baby! And what did I have (they didn't tell you ahead of time back then) so I got out of bed (after a c-section) and took off with my IV on wheels down the hall to find my child! A nurse seen me and says where are you going hon? I said where is my baby?? She says let's get you back into your room and I will bring her to you...I said I had a girl? Ohhhhhhh I was so happy! Please bring her in to me! So back I went and in a few here she came into my arms and I started nursing her and she was so beautiful and I was so blessed. I said Thank you God for giving me this little life. And I love you so much Melissa you are a wonderful, beautiful daughter! I enjoyed talking with you Thursday night.
I love you,
Mom

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers