Is going to be another BUSY one! :o) Well, at least today (Saturday). In a few minutes Haylee has a soccer game, then we're going to head up an hour away where Tim's Mom and Grandpa used to live - kind of a long story but they moved to Alaska (yea, I know someone who lives in Alaska, LOL!) probably about 2 years ago now.
Well they have their house still in California, with everything in it. So all us kids (the three boys...Tim and his brothers), and their wives (me, Brandie, Kathy!) are going to go through the house and the storage areas (there are two!) and pick out anything we want. Don't worry, we got permission, in fact Tim and I just wanted to look through Mom's storage to see if she had a washer/dryer (before we got ours off of craigslist) and she said yes, so she sent ALL of the keys and told us to go through everything. Anything we don't take their going to come back next summer and have a huge yard sale.
So, anyway...it's kind of weird to go through other people's things, I don't know HOW I am going to feel about that. But I think if we find some neat things we'll take them and I am hoping to find some baby pictures of Tim because it seems like I have maybe 2 or 3 and they're when he's 5 yrs old or older! I'd love to compare his BABY pics to Haylee's. :o) But he IS the youngest (out of that batch anyway, LOL), so we'll see.
After that Haylee is going to spend the night at Grammie's (she hasn't seen her since Kindergarten started!) - - and Tim and I are going to Knott's Scary Farm tonight. It's Knott's Berry Farm, but they make it haunted and SCARY. I guess people jump out and grab you and they have mazes and cool stuff. I am going to be scared OUTTA MY MIND. I just know it. I'm a big scaredy cat. But it should be fun, we're going with a group of friends and some family (Mark & Kathy). Yay!! I'm excited. :o)
I don't think we're going to be going to church tomorrow because KSF is an hour or so away and we probably won't be getting home until 2 or 3AM! That is why Haylee is staying at Grammie's. Grammie is taking Haylee and Lilly to night church tonight...Haylee liked night church (Sat night service) last time we did it, she saw someone from her new school and thought that was cool. So I'm glad at least Haylee gets to go.
I also bought the materials to make Haylee's tutu for Halloween ~ I hope it turns out CUTE. I will take pictures...but on Halloween, sorry you have to wait until then. ;o) I think she's going to look gorgeous. :o) But, she always does in my mind! hee hee!
Well...I have to go now...Haylee has a game and I have to go get her ready.
Happy Weekend!!
Mel




2 comments:
Wow sis sounds like you will be having a fun day! That will be good if you do find some things at Tim's moms house! And I am scared just thinking about KSF!!!!!!! I think I'd have a heart attack! Well have fun! I love you!
Love, Liz
I hope you were able to find some old pictures of Tim! I know how much that would mean to you to have them. Pictures are priceless. Speaking of pictures, how in the heck do you oraganize all of yours? In albums? Boxes? I am SOOOO behind (like 8 yrs. or so behind!) in getting them into scrapbooks or something I really want to sort through them and get them organized so bad. Sounds like a good winter project!
As far as the spooky/haunted place....there is NO WAY I could do it! I seriously couldn't. I am beyond the word scardy cat!!!!!! I would get so scared and have visions of ait all in my mind! hehehe! Nice that you got to get out with your honey though!
I will check back to hear all about your weekend.
Mrs. Jones
Post a Comment