we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Saturday plans...

Today should be a FUN day! This morning I've been doing the final prep work for the baby shower we're having for my sister-in-law, Brandie. Haylee has been dressing up as a ballerina butterfly (ballerina outfit with added wings) and "teaching" her "class". "Ok class...Never Eat Soggy Waffles" - I think it's pretty genius that they're teaching KINDERGARTNERS North, South, East and West. Tim stretched, watched a little college football (he wants Penn State to win! Sorry Mindy...LOL). Now he's off to play racquetball with his friend at the gym.

I'm waiting for the guy to come to replace the heater in our jacuzzi this morning, then I'm cleaning house and then later this afternoon I'm to head out to Brandie's place to decorate and stuff for her SHOWER! I really liked explaining a baby shower to Haylee...it was very interesting to hear her thoughts on it. ;o) While I was making the party favors last week - which are chocolate lollipops - she goes "Is Aunt Brandie going to eat ALL of those suckers in her SHOWER?". LOL LOL LOL! After she finally understood the concept she wanted to buy EVERYTHING PINK at Party City. ;o) "Ooooh Emma would LOVE this!". And last night she reiterated that WE need to have a shower for the baby. I then reminded her, we need a baby first! Ha ha! She is too much....this age is a lot of FUN I think. :o)

And I know it's not her blog...but while I'm bragging about her - she's been using big words lately (for a 5 yr old). The other day she came into my room and stated "Momma, I cleaned my ENTIRE bedroom, wanna see?". LOL! And then we were looking at a magazine that came with a dvd the other day and I told her what the dvd had on it and she goes "Well, that's very INTERESTING". I just thought it was cute. In her Kinder class they have a BIG WORD of the week. I think that's really neat ~ but man sometimes it feels like she's growing up WAY too fast! She even uses slang sometimes. Ha ha!

So anyway...wow chasing big rabbits then wasn't I?! ;o) After the shower I'll come home and hang out with my hubby. He'll have Haylee all day and I don't know what they'll be doing. They were going to go to the Pumpkin Patch but I think we MIGHT do that ON Halloween after we do a couple of streets of trick-or-treating. We will see! It's a place behind one of the malls out here, they turn it into a pumpkin land with rides and tons of pumpkins and food and pony rides. It looks really fun when we drive by it!

Tomorrow I think will be a relax day. I really want to try to organize Haylee's room a little bit better ~ it's organized, but it's hard for her to play with all of her toys because her room is smaller than she's used to and I have the BIG toy box in her closet (which is BIG but it's the sliding door one and she's not too used to sliding the doors around). I would love to find 3 medium sized baskets so she can put Barbies in one, puzzles in one, and small toys in the other or something like that. :o)

Anyway....wow I'm just blogging whatever comes to my mind! While we're at it, please keep praying for Mrs. Cheryl Jones...my friend Mindy's Mom. Yesterday was her 1st day of chemo. Praying for her that her spirit is lifted and that she gains energy and strength to get better! If you would like to send her a card please let me know, I know she would LOVE to hear from anyone and I hear she loves receiving inspirational notes in the mail. :o) She's a very special person to anyone that knows her.

Have a great Saturday everyone!! Oh and the fires are far far away and for the first time in a WEEK we see BLUE skies with FRESH air. I will NEVER take for granted fresh air/oxygen AGAIN. Those smoky days were horrible!

Love,
Mel

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers