we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

No school today

I got a call last night around 7pm from Haylee's school. It was an automated system telling me that ALL schools in this area will be CLOSED on Thursday. I was thinking, great. LOL! What a last minute idea. I totally understand why though. The air quality is DISGUSTING right now. You walk outside and can take a big BITE of the smoke. Ashy soot is falling like snowflakes.

I'm just SO sick of this fire thing! I'm sick of turning on the tv and seeing it, I'm sick of my allergies going HAYWIRE due to it (I feel like I have a massive sinus infection for the past few days), I'm sick of OUR lives suffering because some complete MORON decided to start an arson fire. I'm mad. Sorry this isn't an "inspirational" blog today, but I have to vent.

I called my boss and told her the situation, not much I can do I HAVE to have the day off. Thankfully it's not going to be a very busy day (for me at least) at work. I have my work's email at my fingertips with my laptop and my cell phone on. I said if you absolutely need me physically, I can go in with Haylee at my side, LOL. She said, it's fine to stay home.

It's a bit of a blessing in disguise, I got to sleep in...I needed sleep! And now we can go run a few errands (if we want to battle this crappy "weather"). I am throwing a baby shower for my sis-in-law on Sat and only have 50% of my shopping done...LOL. So we'll be doing that today. Haylee also wants to PAINT a big pumpkin, so we'll probably get supplies for that also. We get to spend time together and I love that. So there is a GOOD outlook to it. I'm just upset at the way it happened...but God works in mysterious ways so who knows....all of this DID happen for a purpose I suppose.

I have a few pics of the smoke and some ash...but I got to thinking...why post those. They're so gloomy! So I'm going to make a point of snapping some HAPPY pics of us today!! So look for those later. :o)

I hope everyone has a super day. The fire is miles AWAY from us by now, it's burnt most of the canyon behind us though and I think about 30 people near us have lost their homes. :o( So pray for them, pray for the fire fighters and leaders keeping us safe. Pray for RAIN RAIN RAIN (and no land slides, LOL). Pray for CLEAN AIR so that we can finally BREATHE!

Love,
Mel

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers