Funny how nothing in life stays the same right?! I mean, if you would've talked to me 10 years ago, I would've NEVER thought I'd be living in California. And 6 years ago I would'nt have dreamed I would be a Mommy (to the best 5 year old in the world, might I add!). A few years ago I would've never thought we'd be living near any family...and now we do. Funny how fast things change too!
A few MONTHS ago I never dreamed we'd be living in a decent neighborhood in a HOUSE (I thought maybe another condo or something smaller), with a pool none the less. And a BACK YARD - ha ha...I really wanted a yard. I was just thinking funny how things change. :o) I feel blessed, but grateful because it's really taken us a while to get where we are at and we couldn've NEVER done it without God's grace. Never. I remember when we first moved here and feeling it was the BIGGEST mistake because we were at a very low point in our lives, at least it felt that way. But God has grown us so far and in so many measures and areas of our lives. In our marriage, in our spiritual lives, in our parenting, everything. We owe it all to Him.
Well..I guess I needed to say that. ;o)
Another change that was made a few days ago...our flight plan to New York for Thanksgiving week. :o( We were going to leave at 11pm or so and get the red eye flight, but the flight changed a few hours back (meaning leaving at 1 or 2 AM!), so Tim and I took it as a sign that we weren't suppose to go to NY just yet. Not just the hours changing, but when we first bought the tickets we had NO idea we'd be moving (it really was kind of a once in a life time opportunity that you just had to jump on, LOL!). So now we have tickets, we will be using them next summer hopefully or plan on a 2008 Thanksgiving in New York. It's not a big deal, and I'm actually a little relieved because now we can get things for our new HOUSE that we had budgeted to use for New York. So now we have to figure out Thanksgiving plans, but it's not a big deal. Even if it's just me, Tim and Haylee...we've done that plenty of times before. :o)
Tim's parents are doing their own thing for Thanksgiving this year (I think they are a little tired of hosting and cooking and everything, can't blame them one bit, we have a BIG family). And I know the brothers and sisters already have their own plans set now. So I may just invite some friends and Tim will invite some friends...and I guess I'll be making a turkey (uh oh Kathy...do you think a Turkey will fit in my microwave???). Hee hee hee! Sorry, inside joke.
Anyway...so that's our "big" news. LOL. Don't feel sad for us, we're happy and now we can plan a YEAR in advance on the fun things we will get to do in New York next year. :o)
Hey...Liz and Al...I think you should come to CALIFORNIA for Turkey day! Wouldn't that be fun??? :o) I wish that could happen.
Alrighty, I have to get off of here since I'm at work. ;o) I wish everyone a wonderful day..and remember to keep praying for my sister Liz ok!
Happy Thursday,
Love ~ Melissa




1 comment:
I am praying for Liz and have been!
Isn't it wonderful how God shuts doors and we just know it is Him that is doing it! What a peace that is! To know when things just don't seem right and we just know the timing is not right, or in our spirit, we just feel an uneasiness. Whay a JOY to walk with the Lord!
I know the Lord will work out your Thanksgiving plans....he might just have something totally in store for you that will be so awesome! Thanksgiving in your new home! What a blessing that will be. Surrounded by the two most specialist people in your life, your husband and daughter!
It really isn't that far away is it! I am not sure what our Thanksgiving will be like this year. The holidays will be a little different this year with me going through chemo at that time, but one thing is for sure....I will be counting my blessings!
Have a nice weekend Melissa. Oh, also, how is Haylee's music classes going?
Love you all,
Mrs. Jones
Post a Comment