I feel like it's the END times, LOL!! It got up to 95 degrees today & I can't help but think a lot of that had to do with the fires too. I cannot BELIEVE some idiot started the one near us. I am so mad because of that...I really hope they catch him too (or her!). Those types of people just really upset me.
We are fine right now, so no worries. The wind has calmed down too, I have the sliding doors open - - but it's stinky! We live really close to the fire dept and Haylee and I heard four or five drive by earlier today. Poor firefighters. That's so hard on them! Tim is at the gym, which is near our friends' house (they may have to evacuate to our house...) and he SAW the fire, that is how close it is. There are a lot of people at my work who's neighborhoods ARE on fire. It is SO sad!
If you could just keep California in your prayers, that would be GREAT. :o) I have faith that Tim, Haylee and I will be fine. We may have some smoke inhalation problems in the future, but geez, we'll be fine.
Love you all & THANK YOU for those of you who emailed, called & text messaged me about this today. Means a lot. Love ~ Mel
PS. I took some pics of the house tonight -- so I may post those later. Here is the one Tim took of the fires on the mountains by the gym he goes to (about 10 mins from our house)...see the fire on the mountain?

**********
Wow...and it's BAD. Can you all please pray for us? I live in a county that is on fire and where I live it wasn't so bad, but 10 minutes down the road at my work, you can't see anything but SMOKE and it's raining ASH. It's really scary actually.
Here it is on the news if you haven't seen it:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fire23oct23,0,5337099.story?coll=la-home-center
The Santa Ana winds are REALLY bad too & it's just making it worse. To top it off it's supposed to be in the triple digits today. Crazy!! Pray like mad, this is NOT good for us to breathe. I feel like I'm stuck at a bonfire and it's really smokey. Yuck!
Thank you....




4 comments:
Melissa,
We are praying for you guys!!!! I thought the same thing about inhaling all of that smoke. I have terrible lungs and can't take anything like that into my lungs or I get really sick. Don't feel bad at all with getting those things you put over your nose/face so you aren't inhaling all of that! They are uncomfortable to wear, but worth it.
PLEASE PLEASE keep up posted on the fires and any updates. I will check back here in a little bit.
Praying like crazy!
Mrs. J
Just heard on our news that they were evacuating in areas. Please let us know how you guys are Melissa. I am thinking of you every minute! The Lord's protection is over you and your family! That is a promise!
If you have to evacuate be sure to take your bible with you!! It will bring you peace at times like this to just open it up and have the Lord give you a scripture to read.
HUGS to you guys and I will keep checking back!
Mrs. J
Hey sis we are praying for you guys and everyone else around you! Please keep us updated! I didn't realize that it was so close to you...now I am worrying too!
I love you guys!
Love, Liz
Thank you for the update. Yes, praying for the fire fighters. They talked about how exhausted they were on the news. It is all over the news and so you know churches all over now will be praying for everyones safety.
I will keep checking to make sure you are all alright.
Mrs. J
Post a Comment