I took more pictures tonight ~ not of the mountain on fire though. Liz - if you remember the mountains in the distance from your visit (from our old home) -- all of those mountains are on FIRE tonight. All of them! Tim, Haylee and I ate at Wahoo's tonight & saw them all on fire. You can see thick black clouds of smoke from our driveway.
I stress out easily & I've made myself sick from it today. :o( So I'm praying I'll be at ease tonight, trusting in God's grace. He's going to take care of us. It's just so sad to me all of the damage this fire has caused. It is my WORST fear - losing my home to fire. But I'm going to try NOT to think about it too much. I've had terrible stomach cramps and stuff all day today.
Anyway...enough about me...pray for those fire fighters out there who haven't slept since Saturday! They deserve it.
Here are a few pics from today...



My precious baby girl...she doesn't want to smell the smoke so I got her some of these masks. ;o) She wears them whenever she goes outside!

Thank you again for the emails and comments on our blogs! California is pretty much known for the fires this time of year...but it's never hit this close to home for us, that is for sure. Makes you put a lot of things into perspective!
Love,
Mel
Love,
Mel




5 comments:
Melissa,
I was showing my husband your blog and the pictures! We just can't believe it. It is so very sad. Yes, it does put things into perspective and the loss to so many makes your stomach just sick. I have felt it all day too, but I am sure not anything like you are seeing it first hand. Bless Haylee's heart, but putting on that mask is the best thing for her lungs! I can't even imagine breathing in all of that smoke. There is no way that good be good for your lungs at all. And the white ashes on your car this morning. I thought, oh my gosh, that is just too close.
BUT, I know the Lord is protecting you just like you said! I pray He is giving you some scriptures to bring your mind and heart to peace tonight.
I feel so bad for all of the people that have lost their homes and possessions.
I never have told you before but 2 weeks after I graduated from High School, my dad, mom and I were out to eat and we heard all of these sirens and guess what! It was OUR HOUSE ON FIRE! They came to our table to tell us and by the time we got home, there was NOTHING LEFT Melissa! Our home was burnt to the ground. We lost everything. Everything! All of my scrapbooks, momentos, clothes, everything but the clothes we had on. We lived in a hotel for months until we settled with the insurance company, etc. and got a new home. Still to this day if I smell even a faint of smoke I get tears in my eyes and feel just sick to my stomach. I think that is why I have been feeling the way I have today. It is something you never get over when your house is burnt to the ground.
Mrs. J.
Cute little doctor you have in the family!! Dr. Haylee DeMers. ;o) She is such a smart girl to keep the mask on.
I have been praying all day for you guys and have asked for prayers from a few of my co-workers and my sis-in-law. We WILL get the job done!!! Thanks for the update.
Love, AT
Melissa, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Three miles away that is scary. I have been watching fox news and keeping updated on it. It is really sad someone could be so careless. Tell Haylee I am proud of her for wearing her mask. Love you Jackie
Hey sis...I am praying for you constantly! This is so scary to me for you guys! I almost called you last night but I was afraid that I'd cry before I could get a word out! I hate watching the news right now....it just keeps getting worse as you know. There are many families out there that need our prayer and definiatly the fire fighters! I am telling everyone to pray so there are a lot of prayers going up for you guys! Thanks for the update!
Love, Liz
P.S. Tell doctor Haylee that she sure is cute with her mask on!
Thanks everyone! Well, good news - the wind is dying down and it hasn't blown at all this morning yet!! So praise God for THAT. Now we just need some dew in the air...like we usually get so that the fires can die down!!
Love you all!
Melissa
Post a Comment