we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Yes! Clothes!

When I do shopping, it's usually for Haylee! In fact we've been doing A LOT of it just for Haylee lately...her birthday...early Christmas shopping...school clothes & supplies. Well today Tim and I decided to do a little clothes shopping for US. :o)

We are going to New York in November and I keep thinking of how cool it's going to be. Cool literally and cool as in FUN cool. I had only ONE pair of jeans until today! I love shopping too, I didn't used to like it much but I like it when I can get a bargain. I don't like spending full price for things if I don't need to. It's just how I've always been (maybe growing up in a thrifty home!! LOL! I love it!). I found some CUTE American Eagle jeans (my fav store to shop at!) in my size for $19.99, then I remembered I had an old gift card from AE which had $4 on it...so I got a brand new AE pair of jeans for $16! That's really good...LOL. I am so excited about that still (apparently since I'm blogging about it).

Then we found this store called Heritage 1981...which stood true to it's name, A LOT of 80's style clothes there. I am not too fond of the 80's style, I mean it was GREAT back then the first time...but not so neat this time around. :o) But I DID find a cute hooded sweater from that store that I got. Then we went to Kohl's, which I love. I always find good deals there. I did OK there...got another pair of jeans, a couple of tank tops on sale (I like to layer) and a cardigan. One of the tanks I got was $2. I was thrilled about that one. ;o)

Anyway I spent maybe $75 and got two pairs of jeans, a cardigan, a hooded sweater, and three tanks. :o) Wow right?!

It was a great weekend -- we went swimming when we were done shopping. Haylee is getting so much better in the pool and I'm really proud of her. I think I've learned how to get her to do things without trying to force her. (which never works when I do it) She's now dunking her head and discovered she can touch the bottom of the pool with her feet while holding onto the side of the pool. So - she's excited and I am too. She's just holding onto one hand now while kicking and moving her other hand. I think she is VERY close to learning how to swim on her own!! I'm very happy about this. I took some pics of her today at the pool...I'll post on her blog later. :o)

I hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!!
Love,
Mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got some GREAT buys! I love getting a good deal too. I come home all excited after shopping and have to show Matt everything I bought and how much I saved. I also like shopping at Kohl's and Target.....cute clothes at a great price. I feel like going out shopping now!

Love,

Aunt Teresa

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers