That's really ALL this "blog" is about anyway right?
Well today...I learned a few things. One of my good friend's mom has cancer - she's a frequent fellow blogger (and her Mom - also my friend - is the sweetest Christian women I've never yet met!). I would just appreciate any and ALL prayers for this special lady. She has been quite an inspiration and someone I definitely look up to! I just know God has something huge in store for this lady - please pray for strength for her and her family at this time.
On a different note (but still a little scary one) my sister's husband, Al, is camping & hunting this week. I guess someone stole his bow & a can of gas from his camp site. They probably stole it because they didn't want him to hunt the same thing...or who knows. I just hope that he stays safe & that the people who did that get penalized somehow.
Tim and I figured out that we have a 4th member of this family. He leaves little dropping every night on our back porch (isn't that sweet?). It took us all of four hours to figure out (thanks to google images, LOL)...it's not a rat (oh thank God)...not mice (ew)...or raccoon...or possum. We hear the noise practically EVERY night, but we didn't put two and two together.
His name...Barry. Barry the BAT. Yes people. We have a bat. No, we did not purchase this creature, he chose us. I did some research and google has bat sounds, he makes this exact sound and his poop looks identical to the one on google images. I love the internet. LOL! A touch away and you can know everything we need to. Back to the bat. You have no idea how relieved I am it's not a RAT. I hate rats. Granted, bats are flying rats. Somehow giving it wings makes it different. LOL! I think we'll just have to keep cleaning his poop because since he's been around there have been a lot less BUGS and spiders on the back porch.
We think he's a California Myotis. If you click on that link, he's creepy looking. Tim thinks it's cool I think. I'm just a little horrified, but as long as he only comes out at night (which he does because we hear him "talking" every night) and as long as he doesn't attack me, I'm good.
What a weird day! Please pray for my friend, friend's Mom & my brother in law - Al. :o)
Love
Melissa (and Barry the Bat)




1 comment:
Ok...a little weird you are naming the bat! I hate those things! We have them around here (not my house yet) and when you go out at night they like to fly right above your head! Oh...Jackie got one caught in her hair one time...don't know who was more scared...the bat or her! But I don't think they will really mess with ya...too bad we are not aloud to kill them...they'd be gone! Anyhow thanks for the prayers for Al! He went to a local bow shop and they are letting him borrow a bow for the rest of the week.
I love ya!
Post a Comment