we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Laid back day

Today was nice. I woke up at 7AM to Haylee stomping up the stairs (I think it's virtually impossible for a 4 yr old to walk lightly). She came over to my side of the bed and said "Mommy....High school musical twooooo....". That's all she said. She remembered me saying that Daddy taped it for her the night before. :o) So smart! So I prepared her a snuggle spot on the couch and put on the movie and I went back to bed! I woke up at 9AM because Tim said he was going to get Krispy Kreme donuts (ohhh yum!!).

While he was gone I started doing a task that was WAY overdue. Cleaning my bedroom. It really gets neglected because it's the loft upstairs and NO one goes in it except Tim and I (well Haylee too). I had yards and YARDS of fabric from one of my old jobs that needed sorting and I colored coded and put them into gallon sized baggies under the bed. I dusted, sorted clothes, cleaned out our drawers and I have a bag to give to Goodwill of clothes. :o) It took me SO long to do everything, the room was gross. Just junky...not gross messy. Know what I mean?!

Anyway later on that day we ran errands. I got this CUTTTTTE pea coat - it looks cuter in person, and especially ON Haylee. It's corduroy brown and the inside has little pink and brown flowers that accent it perfectly - the sleeves fold up (doesn't show in the picture below though). I think I may have to take a pic of Haylee IN it for you to see the cuteness of it all. ;o) Here it is (just for you Cheryl!! hee hee):

I think it's adorable! Usually I wouldn't get something so "warm" because it really doesn't get that cold here in California. :o) But for those of you who didn't know....Tim, Haylee and I are going to NY in November (for Thanksgiving week). My birthday is also that week on the 20th. Tim has made reservations for us all to eat at one of Chef Gordon Ramsey's restaurants! He is the chef in the show Hell's Kitchen. Anyway I have a whole schedule planned out for us and things to do and see. It's going to be great. We have never been to New York (at least Haylee and I have not been). All of our family are doing different things anyway so we thought that would be a great time, being Haylee has the whole week off of school also. :o)

I'm excited to get back to church tomorrow! I can't wait to hear what God has in store for me. I can't wait to worship HIM. I love singing and worshipping, it's just the best. I hope you all are having a great weekend!
Love,
Melissa

2 comments:

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hey Melissa I LOVE the coat!! I know what you mean about not wearing heavy coats and stuff...I miss that!! I rarely buy sweaters too because it really doesn't get cold enough for those either..at least during the day.
I am jealous about the NY trip! I have always wanted to go to New York and also you get to eat in Chef Ramsey's restaraunt? WOW! I loved that show and can't wait to see his new shoe coming out in the Fall...that looks interesting. I was so glad when Rock one in Hell's Kitchen, he was a good guy.
Have fun at Church tomorrow! I am excited too because I have planned a FUN day for the pre-schoolers. We are having a back to school bash and I bought stuff to make smoothies for our snack and we will be watching a Veggietales movie!! Lots of fun!!
Have a great Lord's day!!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one! You have great taste! Love the inside too!
THANK YOU for showing it! Nosey, aren't I.
Cheryl

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers