we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Great day!

First of all we got to wear JEANS to work today! Hello! After my "high heels" post I was estatic to find this out! And guess what I wore w/my jeans? Um...high heels. ;o) Well, I couldn't wear flip flops! I need to go shoe shopping I suppose.

I love how I'm just rambling, I feel like I'm just talking to a wall sometimes (especially if no one comments, that makes it even more fun, ha ha ha!). It's like talking to Tim during football season. Might as well be by myself. ;o) Does anyone feel my pain? Huh?

Anyway - after a few hours of being at work my boss pulls me aside and says that I can go home at noon if I want. The IT guy was re-doing all of the computers so it was sort of pointless for anyone to be there anyway. So that was great! I decided to meet Tim for lunch. :o) Haven't done that in forever! We did the "old married couple" thing and met at Target for an afternoon of window shopping, which turned into real shopping because the Troy & Gabriella High School Musical barbie doll singing set was on sale and it is going to be one of Haylee's Christmas presents. :o) (good thing she can't read yet huh?!) After that he took me to some Japanese place which was very yummy. Then I followed him back to his office.

It's like Dave & Buster's at his work, you can play ping pong or do karaoke! One of the guys (Teddy...we call him our asian brother, ha ha) even has a HUGE cockroach as a pet. Yes, I know, it's weird. Almost as weird as having a pet BAT, but ew. I gagged a little. He put a baby carrot in a cup and taped another cup on top and punched holes in the cup. How desperate would I have to be for a pet to have it be a cockroach. Barf.

Anyway...I played my Daddy-in-law a game of ping pong and he beat me. I played my hubby a game and he beat me. It was a pretty close score I must say (not really). It was great fun. :o) I know the boys work OH so hard, doesn't it sound like it? ;o)

After that I came home, did a QUICK clean sweep of the house with no one under my feet or bugging me in any sort of way and man it was nice! Hee hee! The house is clean now and I just have to do a few things tomorrow (Sat). So maybe I can actually RELAX this weekend. Oh wouldn't that be GREAT?! I'm looking forward to Sunday and church...we skipped out last Sunday and I hate that because it just throws me off. I feel like I've wondered too far away or something. It throws off my equilibrium. ;o) I'm just kidding, but I do feel like something is off when I miss. Haylee hates missing too, she loves church SO much.

Ok...well I'm going to go, I'm really tired. I hope you had fun reading my ramblings...I should re-name my blog to "Ramblings of Melissa's mind....." - now THAT would be entertainment.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow you can ramble huh!?! JK!!!! Yeah I know what it's like to feel like you are talking to your self...well I guess I have been talking to my self all week since my hubby is gone! But he is coming home today! YEAH!!! Looks like Haylee needs more sleep! Poor kid! Well have a great day doing whatever! I have painting to do and more cleaning! I love you guys!
Love, Liz

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hey Melissa!
Your hubby sounds a little like man...no conversation during football, but of course I am sitting right there cheering on the sinky Cleveland Brown's too! I LOVE football season and Fall is my favorite season too!! It's like getting a fresh clean start again or something!
I have been crazy busy with being sick, having sick kids, babysitting, school shopping, and organizing my house. That is why I haven't been blogging lately! It didn't seem like anyone really checked my blog anyways, so I didn't think it mattered!! I will post something soon though!!
School starts on Monday for me and I am THRILLED!! It is so exciting to be near the end of my degree!! My online class has already started, so I am already hitting the books!
Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. We are doing some finishing touches on our school shopping and running errands and then I plan on coming home and cleaning up the house....once again! One day I am going to have enough money to hire a maid...man I miss the Azores!!!
Have a great weekend!!
Brandy

Cheryl Jones said...

LOL! You are too funny! You are not talking to the wall. I promise. We love you and are reading your posts and love them. Sometimes, I don't get to them for a few days. Just catching up tonight. PLEASE keep posting! You maybe don't realize how many read your posts and never comment. You may be ministering to people and not know it so keep it up!
Love ya,
Cheryl

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers