we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Family Photo & a great service!

Today was a wonderful day at church! We actually took communion today. :o) The worship was awesome. I just love it when we sing and it just flows. It's an awesome feeling!! Haylee LOVES her little class too. I guess she gets to stay in there when she's 5 too because they changed it to 4 & 5 year olds (and they have two rooms for them, there are so many). She comes home singing cute little songs about Jesus and how He's in her heart. It's just so awesome to see God working in my little 4 (almost 5) year old -- isn't it awesome how God can do that???!

Our sermon today was from the book of Leviticus. It was chapter 15 where it talks about how the nation would take an animal (such as a sheep or goat) and cast ALL of their sins onto this animal. Then one man would take the animal and tie a red sash on him and walk the animal out of the town. They would also tie a red sash on the temple. It was said once the animal was no where to be found (carrying the sins of all man) then the sash would turn to white. This is amazing, how they would do these rituals back then. I can just imagine all of the animal blood shed upon the altars and how crazy it would've looked (to us, back then it was just how they did it). They even brought in a GOAT to church and the pastor demonstrated how everyone in the ritual would cast their sins on the head of the goat and we all stood up as the goat walked down the center isle and left the building.

How amazing the symbolism. Jesus is OUR goat. (So to speak) He was slain on the cross and shed HIS blood so that we may have eternal life with HIM. He is the holiest of holy and He is the only one worthy of our praise. Who else in your life do you know would die for YOU and cleanse all of the wrong and bad things you've ever done in your life? There is no one! How AWESOME Jesus turns our red sash white....He is the only one that you can CAST your sins upon and cleanse you of all unrighteousness. I was really touched by this message. In this day and age we forget sometimes. May we NEVER forget that Jesus loves us. He loves us so very very much. Thank you Lord! :o))

Now...onto our "family photo". Someone sent this to me and I had a BLAST making me, Tim and Haylee look like a Simpson. ;o) I didn't get to watch the Simpon's much growing up. I do every once in awhile now...but even if you don't watch it, this is hilarious!

Haylee, Melissa & Tim


Wow! Aren't we precious?! ;o) Thought that was soooooo funny. I hope everyone has a fabulous day with your families. We went to the mall and finished Haylee's school clothes shopping. That is always fun. She is such a skinny minny sometimes it's hard to shop for her! We have to try ALL of the bottoms on. Long and lean -- my beautiful little diva!!

Love to you all,
Melissa


1 comment:

Cheryl Jones said...

Love the family photo shoot! LOL!

Thank you for posting about your sermon message! I had never heard that before. I loved reading this tonight! Very interesting. Now I am going to have to go look that all up! Your church sounds awesome Melissa and it is so nice that you enjoy it like you do and for sure Haylee feels right at home there too!
HAVE A BLESSED WEEK and may the Lord bring someone into your path this week that you can personally witness to or just encourage. I know that He will! Keep your spiritual eyes open! I have a feeling that the Lord is going to use you in that way this week!
Mrs. Jones

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers