i heard something on the radio this morning about how children have such innocence and they believe in Santa so much and the anticipation and the EXPECTATION of his arrival on Christmas morning is so real. it really got me thinking. it's so true. if you have a child or children or if you don't have your own kids but know someone with kids you KNOW just how they expect Santa to bring them toys on Christmas day, they so anticipate his arrival, they expect it, they know he's coming, they have faith in that, they bank on it, they live their life for it {well the nice kids...not the naughty ones, hee hee}.
i thought about how we should be that way about Christ. why aren't we that way? we SHOULD be EXPECTING Him to come, ANTICIPATE His arrival and be sitting on pins and needles for His arrival! {or return rather} i want my heart to be as excited for Christ's return as my Haylee is for Santa Claus to make his GRAND debut. :) i want to talk about it NON-stop {as she does}, i want to fill my heart with excitement of the unexpected gifts He will give me and i want to do GOOD for Him so that my treasures in Heaven are great {i know i don't need to be "good" for Him to accept me or take me to Heaven, i know He's paid that debt on the cross and i've accepted Him into my heart, so i'm good there!}. i want that same zeal! dear Lord give me the joy and spirit of a child waiting for Santa!
on a different note, i think i did a good parent thing today. Haylee was in the car with me and she goes "Momma, some kids at school say they don't believe in Santa, but i do...". i had NO idea 6 yrs old discussed this soooo early. makes my heart SAD. :( but without skipping a beat i said, "well, those kids don't believe in Santa so they aren't getting gifts from Santa...it's that simple!" and Haylee said "yup!". LOL. that was the end of that. you don't believe? ok. you don't get gifts. ;) that's ALL it took for my little girl to believe, hee hee hee. i know, sneaky and maybe materialistic, but what else was i supposed to say huh? i believe that's what my Momma told me too. :) i think i "believed" until i was about 12. ha ha!




2 comments:
Hi Melissa!
I was just catching up on your blog! (Thanks for those really nice comments about my dad.) And I love the pictures of your house decorations on FB.
Anyway...I had to comment on this post because I thought this was a really good post. It made me think. I remember when other kids were telling me there was no Santa; and it made me sad. Then my sister told me I had to believe because he wouldn't visit us and love us. That sure worked for me!
And I can see the similarity between believing in Santa and having faith in God. You make a great comparison as to what it is like to believe in Jesus or be excited for His arrival. I mean, if you were to explain it to someone who doesn't believe in a higher being. This is how you could begin to describe your excitement about your faith and beliefs. I admire the faith you have in Him.
This has to be one of your best posts yet. I loved this and it made me get big tears in my eyes. You have such a way of writing, do you know that. I loved the analogy of Santa vs. how we think of Jesus.
EXCELLENT post and I love you.
Mrs. J
Post a Comment