we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

My thoughts

I don't even know where to begin! Today I am feeling a rush of excitement because tonight we {we = me, Tim, my friend Lisa & her husband Jason} are taking a limo ride to the Linkin Park concert. :) I have heard LP live before and there is just something about them, they have excellent chemistry as a band. I love that. Some of their songs almost sound spiritual to me! So of course I am excited about that. Haylee is staying with my wonderful mom-in-law, she is thrilled too! So that will be fun, we all have to work and go to school the next day (tomorrow) though, so this should be interesting. ;)

Last night I developed my film that I took over the weekend and last night. Well, I was a little disappointed to say the least. But I realized something about myself. I don't take enough pictures, I just take one roll and expect the BEST to come off that ONE ROLL. LOL! I'm a dork! So I vowed from here on out to take at least 1-2 rolls of film for each project. Also the teacher said last night he notices no one makes prints for themselves, just the projects. He is encouraging us to print more for OURSELVES to enjoy, which I think is great! I never really thought of it that way...so that is also my new goal. This class is over in May, but I really want to take another photo class this summer (and others, but probably they will be my generals). I am liking film, it IS expensive though. I'm not sure if I like photographing PEOPLE with film (I do on digital because you can take over thousands of images to come up with ONE GREAT one, but not film...it's too costly AND time efficient). We shall see! I know one thing, I'm liking black & white...I always have liked that effect. I think I took some pretty CUTE ones of Haylee, not the pose I wanted her in...but something cute none the less. ;)

A side note about school, keep in mind I am in a junior college. So, you either have very young people, fresh out of high school (some even in HS!) and it ranges to older people and everything in between. For some reason my night photo class is mainly a younger crowd. Maybe because it's 7-10pm, not sure. Anyway, another girl in class and I were developing together and she was talking about her photos and asked me what I photographed, I told her my daughter. She asked me how old she is and I told her, 5 yrs old. She stopped and said, hold on...how old are you? I told her go guess and she said ... get this ... 22 years old! LOL LOL LOL! {I am 28} That made me laugh. When I told her my true age she about fell over. ;) I love doing that! I do not think I look that young...but whatever!

Ok better get going...lots to do today!!!!

2 comments:

Monique said...

Hope you have a great time tonight! I am sure you will. i am looking forward to seeing some more of your class work too.

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hope you had fun at the concert! Don't you just love comments like that about your age? At Home Depot one time I got CARDED for buying a can of spray paint...you should have seen my jaw drop and I asked "Are you serious?" I think she was just doing it to be nice, but hey, I'll take it!
I can't wait to see your pictures! I am sure they turned out great. School is addicting, once you start you don't want to stop.
Have a great Hump Day!
Brandy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers