oh so sad. i am bummed. i was doing SO good too. i have the worst luck with cars. i don't think there has been ONE car we have owned that i haven't had something bad happen to {my fault}. i had a decent day until i got home and was trying to park my car in the garage. now...our garage is supposed to house TWO cars, but there is a shelf that was built in on one side and i was parking outside the garage for the longest time but thought it would be nice to park next to Tim!
so a few weekends ago i cleaned up and organized the garage. i SHOULD HAVE thrown out our bikes {mine & Tim's}. i couldn't tell you the last time we rode them. just to give you a clear imagine, MINE still has the baby seat on the back! and Haylee has not been for a ride since she was probably 2. and she's 6. there ya go. image clear???
anyway...of course the stupid bikes are on MY side. so i'm pulling in the garage, trying not to bump into Tim's car {he was in it waiting for me to pull in so he could drive out and go to the gym}. lo and behold...today was the day! the day i would screw up my PERFECT, SCRATCH AND DENT FREE beautiful silver car. :( i pulled TOO close to Tim's bike and sure enough....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. i cringed and Tim gave me the look of horror as i backed up so he could look at the damage i caused.
thankfully enough, just by glancing at the car you can't really tell it's there, it's that low and it's on the front bumper, near the tire on the right side of the car. it sort of blends in as far as a DEEP gauge can blend in any car. :( i cried and cried and cried. Haylee was trying to console me saying "it was just an accident momma, it's ok". but i know that. it's just, well, i'm so clumsy and dumb when it comes to cars i guess. i was hoping i wouldn't do anything stupid like this for a long long time. what a dope!
no wonder Tim doesn't want me to ever drive his car. :) seriously though, WHAT is wrong with me? why do i do this? i know it's because i was just excited to get home and i saw Tim in the garage and my depth perception was off by 1/2 inch....a HALF inch more away from the bikes and my car would've been FINE! ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
i'm so sad this happened. thankfully it wasn't worse. i guess my scratches are getting more and more MINOR. a couple of years ago i ran our Altima (our ONLY car, we shared) into the side of our 1-car garage and dented and took all the paint off. the car before that was the Blazer (my car) and i got into not one, but 2 accidents....both on the rear bumper (both my fault). oh and i also got into a minor accident with the aforementioned Altima a couple of years ago also i was getting on the wrong freeway, got scared...jumped the curb, dented BOTH of my hub cabs on the right side of the car...i bent them and they let air out of BOTH tires on that side of the car. i sat in a Lutheran church parking lot and sobbed. and waited. ugh it was a nightmare.
i probably shouldn't be driving period. ugh.




7 comments:
I'm sorry about your scratch. :-(
I wanted to share a story with you in hopes to make you feel better. TWO months after I got my current car, I tried parking it in my garage and ran into a table that's been in our garage since we've moved in... not that it's serving much of a purpose. Anyway, there is a DENT in the hood of the car, but no one really notices. Of course, I notice. At least when this stuff happens to you, you feel bad. That's better than me. When I do stuff like that, I get angry (at myself) so much that I get unreasonable. At that very moment, I wanted to take it to the nearest body shop to get it fixed- no matter what the cost. Of course, I didn't do that and still get to look at my dent every morning. AND just to let you know, females' spatial sense is worse than mens' (in general). So you can blame it on that!
By the way, I would love to watch that movie with you and Haylee! I'm not sure about this weekend, but what about next Sunday?? Oh, and for Halloween Todd is going to be a hick...lol. He's been dying to do this- not sure why. He's so funny.
I'm sorry you scratched your car!
I'm glad Haylee was there for ya:)
I felt like that when i borrowed my dad's "new" car to move a few items out of my appt.(i had a 2 seater at the time). My dad brought home the new car because he was THINKING about buying it. I hit the basketball goal post and put a HUGE dent in the car door. He HAD to buy it. Now that was a bad day! Hope that makes you feel a LITTLE better.
I'm sorry a little scratch makes you feel so bad sis! Don't worry about...there are much worse things out there. Life goes on....I backed out car into a cement wall on time and put a really pretty scar on the corner of the back bumper....cried but got over it! Go get some car paint that matches your car and cover it up!
I love ya!
oh i wouldn't call it a little scratch...it's probably about 6 inches long...lol and DEEP. but i'm over it. ;)
i feel a lot better hearing other people talk about their mishaps! LOL!
thanks girls!
Um, remember the bright yellow pole I hit in the hospital parking lot? And the $2,000 worth of damage to our van? THAT was bad depth perception. It happens to all of us, Mel. Love you!
Oh Melissa I feel your sadness. I am so protective of my car. I got a new one just a couple of months ago. Now I am not materialistic nor really care about cars, but my husband works at a dealership and they had a no interest for 5 yr. plan, so he wanted to get me a new car. I have been always so good about parking WAY and I mean WAY out in any parking lot. Even going through chemo and I was so weak I would park miles from the store so no one would DING my car doors. A BIG, not big HUGE fettish of mine. So, I just really know how sad that must have made you.
Now, for a car story......When I was going through chemo and really shouldn't have been driving my myself but I just HAD to get out and feel normal, I got in the car and THOUGHT I had put the garage door up with the automatic garage door opener. NOPE! I ran right into the garage door. It dented the garage door but it just hit the bumper (rear end) of the car. Good thing I didn't really put my foot on the accelerator very much or I would have really ....well...I don't know? Went clear through the garage door?? God was watching over me. It just put a small dent in the door and my car was unharmed. I can laugh about it now.
Also, my husband, bless his heart, copied those CD's for you that I want to send to you. I just got nice cases for them yesterday at the store and will mail them off tomorrow. You are going to love listening to them in your car.
Love and hugs and hope you are having a better day,
Mrs. J
Awwww Melissa... I'm so sad to hear about ur mishap... But there's always the lovely pics of what I did to the charger earlier this year to make you feel better.... Thank goodness it wasn't anything like that...
I'm glad that Haylee was there to give you her words of love and encouragement... I could have used those the day I wrecked the charger...
Well, cheer up!!! It's just a car in the end... As long as you are ok, all is well in the world!!!
Post a Comment