This morning at church we had a special speaker, unlike any other speaker I've ever witnessed or heard. It was INCREDIBLE and that word still doesn't seem to describe it. His name is Nick Vuljicic and he was born with NO limbs. You can check out his full story at www.lifewithoutlimbs.org but his testimony is an AMAZING one. He brought tears to my eyes a few different times for sure! How someone can go through the journey he's been through at the YOUNG age of 24 and stand so strong for the Lord God Almighty. I am so thankful I was there this morning. I was incredibly blessed. I love my church so so very much. I don't know what I'd do without it because it's a special sanctuary, sacred place I just love going to and hearing and learning more about Jesus. I love the worship leaders and the songs they lead every Sunday, goodness they just give me the goose bumps everytime!!!
Today is another great day thus far. We had church then we went to Target to Haylee could tell us what she wants for Christmas, then we got home and I cleaned downstairs while Miley slept, Haylee played and Tim did school work. It was rather peaceful and nice. :) Then I took Miley and Haylee for a walk and noticed we have a HUGE park just one block away from our place. Amazing! It's a HUGE park with a bridge and it's just lovely, I'll have to be sure to bring my camera next time we go!! I did however take some photos with my phone camera I will have to post later. ;)
Now I'm waiting for Haylee to clean her room & we're going to make my special snicker peanut butter cookies. They're just so scrumptious!!! And we're going to order a greasy pizza for dinner. :) Yay!! It's a beautiful FALL day and I think just watching Haylee play and Miley get loved on by the other kids at the park -- I just think of have GRATEFUL I am to be living where I'm living and be surrounded by such beautiful things - God's creations. I am so THANKFUL to have what I have and be where I'm at in life. Even though some might think - "you're an assistant in an accounting firm, what's so great about that?" - sure, I'm not WHERE I would like to be CAREER wise - and truth be told I am almost 28 and I STILL don't know WHERE I should be CAREER wise. But I feel like I'm in a place God needs me to be at the moment. A Mommy who is there for her daughter, a wife who is there for her husband, I'm happy with my job, I'm loving my new place, my church, the face I'm a "soccer mom"...and just enjoying all of the LITTLE things in LIFE.
I feel like sometimes we get caught up in WHERE we "should" be in life and forget the things that really matter most. Like family. Friends. Nature. GOD. I never want to forget or be ungrateful. I want to be SO thankful. :)




1 comment:
Wonderful post! Amen!
Post a Comment