we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Pampering myself

i have such WONDERFUL friends! for my birthday i received numerous gift cards, how thoughtful!! i really didn't expect it just because i hardly ever get anything from my friends (or family) for my bday anymore now that i'm older, ha ha! so it was a very nice surprise. i still have a few left, but i've been shopping a little here and there. it's really nice to buy things i wouldn't normally buy for myself.

like the other day we were at the mall & i had a Bath & Body Works gift card. so i bought some Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion, shower gel & body spray. man that smell is SOOOO good, i LOVE it! i think it's my new favorite smell. i might have to go back after Christmas & buy more. ;)


i had a Barnes & Noble gift card also, but i don't make it to the book store all too often. i had a little extra time at work today -- so i surfed the B&N website & something (God perhaps?) led me to this book:


"How to Succeed at Being Yourself, Finding the Confidence to Fulfill Your Destiny" by Joyce Meyer. i like this author, she's a Christian author & i have read some of her book before. Mrs J - i know you read her! the book fit into my budget & the title intrigued me a bit. :) i'm always looking for ways to BETTER myself, so who knows! i will let you know how it is.

well i keep thinking about this today - since i read it on her blog. actually the link is on Haylee's blog - "Pray for Ashley". if you don't mind, can you please go over there & read her entry from today? she really needs and wants to be home with her family this weekend to decorate the Christmas tree. Ashley is a precious little girl who has been through numerous transplants. she is VERY sick, and the mom (Trish) and Ashley (i think she's not yet 2 yrs old) are stuck in a hospital in Omaha, Nebraska and her husband and other 2 kids are living in their home in Texas. i know they've been in the hospital a long time now, please pray she gets her pass to go home for a few days so Trish & Ashley can be with the rest of their family. it sounds like something she really needs. i don't even know these people, but if you start reading her blog...it'll touch your life forever. trust me.

also - keep praying for my sister, Liz. i don't even think i need to go into details on here, but she could always use your prayers during this time. sometimes people go through tough times & they just need a little extra prayer and thoughts to get through, you know? it's one of those times. i know Liz would greatly appreciate it also!

i hope you have a wonderful night & enjoy the time with your family. :)
love,
Melissa

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

First of all...thank you so much sis for asking everyone to pray for us! I post it on my blog at times asking for others to pray for me but sometimes I think it sounds selfish asking for prayers for yourself...but God said ask and ye shall receive!
I think I check Ashley's blog at least twice a day! I think about this family ALL the time...sometimes I wake in the middle of the night and just pray for them...then when I read her blog the next day they've had a rough night...so I guess they needed those prayers even if it is in the middle of the night! I am really praying that they get to go home even if for a few short days...Trish seems like the strongest person in the world to me! Just goes to show what you CAN do with God on your side, huh!?
Let me know how you like the book that you ordered...sounds like it will be good!
I need to call ya soon...just to talk!
Love,
Liz

Brandy's Adventure said...

Sorry I am late...Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a good one!!
It's hard for me to get on here anymore with all the kids, school, and being out of town! I am trying to continue to keep up!
Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving too!
Cheesecake Factory sounds AWESOME! I haven't been there, so I will hold out until I meet you in January! It will be here before you know it. So how is the hotel I am staying in? Have you been there before or heard anything good about it? Premier doesn't go cheap, so I am sure it is a good one!
Well, I need to get the kids off to school! Have a great rest of the week! Looking forward to coming there in January!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I am SOOO excited about your book selection and I just know the Lord is going to speak to you BIG TIME girlie! I just know it! I am reading one of her books right now! I read it before I go to bed and look up the scriptures in it that stand out.
I hear ya about dear sweet Ashley and Trish getting to go home for Christmas. I just read your sisters comment and how she wakes up at night praying for them and I do too and I bet you do, so just think of all the people that are lifting them up in prayer. Isn't that so awesome. I think of how the Lord has sustained Ashley through so many critical days and nights and that sweet dear precious little one just keeps fighting. It breaks my heart but I know God has only the best ahead. No matter what, we know He has the best plan.
I will for sure and have been praying for Liz. I don't get on here much anymore (the computer) But will hop over to her blog to let her know.
I see you and Brandy are meeting! That is so wonderful. You will love her. She is the most laid back giving person. She just seems to go with the flow. Wish I could be more like that! LOL!
Love ya!
Oh...And, I am so glad you kept your own personal blog! I am a fan of yours! LOL!
Mrs. J

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers