we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Update & Some news!


Read the fortune cookie! My brother & sister-in-law are having a BABY GIRL (due in December). If you just KNEW how hard it is for this family to have little girls...LOL! There were five boys before the first girl came around (which was my niece Lilly and Haylee followed two weeks later)! Anyway...Jeff & Brandie have THREE little boys (Dallin, Hunter & Jordan) and now a baby GIRL on the way. I knew it! Congrats Brandie....I'm very excited for you guys!

So I started my NEW routine this morning...waking up at 6AM and reading my Bible, then exercising after work. I was thinking of a million reasons on my way home why I DIDN'T want to work out. ;o) But once I got home I started in on my routine and felt great. I actually did a LONG walk at work today with friends, so that was good too. I have upped my workout to this:

- 40 push ups (I think last week I did 20)
- 40 back ward push ups
- 100 crunches
- 25 leg squats
- 50 leg lifts

I also do some good stretching before I start any of this - - it's sad, and I'll admit it on here because hopefully soon I'll be able to do it, but I can't even reach to my toes when I sit down and extend my legs out directly in front of me, it hurts too bad! So hopefully soon I'll be able to do that. Like I said, I'm not in shape at all. My body is very out of wack. ;o) But I'm on my way to getting healthy again!! One good thing about doing these at home too is that Haylee loves to lay with me and do them. She laughs and it makes me giggle, but we get through them together and that's just more time to bond with her. I love it!

Well I'm going to be pretty busy the rest of this week...tomorrow I have to be at work at 7AM for a meeting I have to set up the conference room. Wednesday night is Haylee's acting class (which she is changing to a vocal lessons class instead, more about that later on her blog). Thursday I go to work and then leave at 1pm for a boat cruise in Newport Beach that I have to represent my company for/hand out mugs, etc (should be fun though, a boat cruise!) - I don't get home until after 6:30PM for that though. Friday should be normal. Saturday is my nephew's 3rd birthday party!

Have a great week everyone...I'll try to sneak on again soon.
Love,
Mel

1 comment:

Brandy's Adventure said...

Melissa,
I had to laugh at the not being able to reach your toes part! I had a personal trainer for a while a few years ago and I could hardly go past my knees when she tested me on flexiblitly! I FAILED that part of the test! I think that is the first to go, the older you get!! I try to work on it when I remember, but I have a hard enough time just keeping in shape everywhere else!!
Sounds like you are doing great and staying dedicated. I think Dr.Phil says, if you do something for at least 21 days(I am pretty sure this is the number) then it becomes a habit. Maybe it is 30 days, but you get the point right? So when I start a new habit, I try to keep it up for 21 days and then I know it will be a habit after that. Does that sound corky?
Hope you have a fun week! Your job sounds like it's very interesting! Can't wait to get back into the work field next year!!
Brandy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers