we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Taco Bowl Recipe



Well since I posted on Haylee's blog the pic of her cooking taco bowls I've had a couple of requests for the recipe. LOL! Who would've known someone would ask ME for a recipe! :)

If you haven't already, you SHOULD go to www.kraftfoods.com and sign up for your FREE seasonal Kraft Foods magazine. It has THE BEST recipes & quick 'n easy for those busy Mommies, just like moi!

Here's the recipe for taco bowls:

8 TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Flour Tortillas
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
2 cups chopped lettuce
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup KRAFT Ranch Dressing


PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Microwave tortillas on HIGH 30 sec. or until softened. Press 1 tortilla into each of eight medium muffin cups to form a bowl. Carefully fold edges of tortilla back to keep an opening for the filling. Bake 10 min.
MEANWHILE, brown meat in large skillet on medium heat; drain. Stir in salsa; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 min. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture into each tortilla bowl.
TOP evenly with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing.


*We actually use our store brand FRESH Salsa (get from the deli section) instead of the Kraft one. We also nix the tomato (b/c the salsa has it in it already), lettuce & ranch dressing. I also add 1/2 cup of the cheese while I'm cooking the meat. This is a wonderful recipe! The whole family loves it.


2 comments:

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hey Melissa!
I love Kraft recipes! I use to make them all the time when I got the magazine!
I decided last week to start my kids on a chore chart and it has been working great! THey get smiley faces on their chart if they complete their chores for the day. We are starting with just a couple, but I have noticed that it has been helping me a lot around the house! It is such a great idea! I love your rewards instead of money! Great idea!
Can you believe it rained here? It was so cool to see this morning and I almost felt like I was at home!!
Have a great rest of the week!!
Brandy

Jenni said...

Thanks for that, Mel. I look forward to trying it after payday!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers