we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Prayer request

Everyone must be so busy this week (the only time I get to post is EARLY in the morning or later on at night when H is asleep!). Anyway, haven't heard from much of anyone. I know why from a few of my frequent blog fans...they've just had their minds on other things or are moving into their new home (Liz!!!!). Anyway, just wanted to say that it is OK because you have a life. Don't ever feel guilty (I say this b/c I know people have apologized to me personally), seriously, this is my JOURNAL more than it is to update you on my everyday life happenings (like you care, LOL).

Anyhoo...I have a super special prayer request and I just have to keep it personal. It is for a dear sweet (new) friend of mine, I feel like she's suffering because of some recent health news she found out recently. I just really would like it if you lifted her up in prayer. Pray for comfort, pray that the doctors find absolutely nothing, pray for her family. Please please pray for her. She is such a wonderful person and has really mentored me & blessed me more than she will ever know. Thank you.

Oh and also pray for Haylee today as she will be going on a big field trip soon! I'm so nervous for her. Isn't this funny, I hope I laugh at myself later but for now I'm just a worried Mommy! Thank you.

Have a blessed day knowing that our Jesus loves us!!
XO ~ Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Melissa -

I will keep you friend in prayer. Health scares are very tough to deal with and I as you know I just dealt with my Mom's over the last three years. She is now in heaven and I feel at peace knowingn that she is with God but miss her alot. That is just our human nature. Birth and death and in between sickness is part of life and whatever happens to your friend God will be there no matter what.

I can now see that with my Mom's passing on July 1st. We are on this planet for only a short amount of time. What we give to others and how we glorify God is what counts. Everything else pales in comparison. The cars, the houses, the jobs, the clothes, the vacations, the children, etc. are all externals. You can be extremely content and have none of these externals if you really follow God's word. You can also be extremely unhappy with all of the externals. Are we going to listen to Satan or God? It really is our choice.

It took my Mother's recent death to finally get it and for that I am grateful to God. Now I value what is important in life. Relationships, loving one another and giving to one another. I have never been happier in my entire life! Yes, I do have some externals. I am moving to Laguna Beach right across the beach with my best friend and will be traveling to Europe in September. I can have these externals but if I forget to be grateful and glorify God they mean absolutely nothing... God is good all the time! No matter what tragedy befalls us.

Loving, supporting and not judging one another is what I believe our call is for our time on earth. By doing this we show or love for our creater.

Judy

Brandy's Adventure said...

Melissa, I will keep your friend in my prayers. Health issues can be very scary, even if we do walk our lives with the Lord.
I will also keep Haylee in my prayers too. You can tell that you are a loving mom and a worrier....there's nothing wrong with that. I have no room to talk.I have been sitting here the past week worrying about Chelsea going to Jr High this year!! It scares me to death!!!
I am sure Haylee will have a blast and probably be pooped tonight!
Hope you have a great day at work! I am laying on the couch sicker than a dog...not sure what is going on with me!!!
Keep us posted about the health of your friend please!!!
Brandy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers