we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Great weekend...

So my weekend was pretty neat! We went to the County Fair on Saturday and we all had SO much fun. I love seeing Haylee so happy. It makes ME happy. It feels good to spend time with her and cherish these moments forever.

Today was church - - an AWESOME sermon about the Power of Prayer. I really think God spoke to me in a sense also. I am going to switch my Bible/God/Prayer time to the mornings instead of before bed & I'm going to start my work outs right after work (this is when Tim works out, so it's perfect timing anyway). My dinners might be quicker things to make (thank goodness for my wonderful Kraft Foods magazines I get each season! LOOOOOVE those!). But at least I'll be putting God 1st in my day, and ultimately I feel that is what I need to be doing anyhow.

Tonight I am making a big dinner - - which if you know me, I am not a gourmet chef or anything, and cooking is not my passion (art is, cooking - not so much). Anyway, we are having chicken breasts on the grill (marinated in a dressing), cooked & grilled corn on the cob, grilled herbed potatoes & red onion and green beans. For dessert I made a blueberry no-bake cheesecake with whipped cream topping. My stomach is jumping for joy just thinking about it! :) I think I'm going to start cooking big on Sundays since I don't usually during the week (I do cook, but it's more like spaghetti or tacos, easy stuff!).

I hope you ALL had a wonderful weekend with your families also.

Love you all,
Mel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so ironic! Our sermon was on the power of prayer too! It was so good that I got it on CD after the service so I could listen to it again!

ALso, I get those Kraft Food Magazines and seriously think they are one of the best cookbooks ever! I have made ALOT of things from them. I do love to try new recipies. My husband is always saying where did you find this recipie! He is so good about trying anything that I make.

Good luck with your changes to your routine this week. I am so proud of you! I have many new goals myself regarding health and fitness this week and look forward to this week. I'll keep you posted. You have been my inspiration Melissa! I truly want to think of my body as His temple and honor Him through it.

Here's to a GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!

Love ya,
Mrs. Jones

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, sounds like you guys had an awesome time at the fair! It's still SO hot here in the 100's everyday! But supposed to cool slightly this week...sure hope so. I will be praying that you can stick to your new routine and that it works out good for you! I have other news that I will be emailing you about...I love you all!
Love, Liz

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers