Well let me first say I really like my new job. That aside, I sometimes feel dumb. LOL. Just because it's a new thing & I'm doing a lot of things I've never done before & learning at the same time. With that comes trial & error - I must say I wish I would just know how to do something right the first time. ;) It's hard for me to make mistakes because I feel that I am a perfectionist. I know that it will take some adjusting, but sometimes I feel like I might upset someone because I DON'T always have the answer they need at the very moment they need it.
Does anyone else ever feel that way? Well just the past couple of days I've felt that way after I've left work. So, of course...down on my knees I went (not really down on my knees, I usually don't pray like that, I do my praying in the shower - it is THE ONLY free moment I have by myself!). I prayed that God would give me peace about my new job and that I know it's SILLY for me to believe that I should know it ALL my first few weeks (almost been a month now! Wow!). Somethings are just going to take time.
This is what I had in my inbox this morning:
FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION BUT OF
PEACE, AS IN ALL THE CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS.
( 2 CORINTHIANS 14:33 *NKJV )
Dear Melissa,
In this world today it is hard for most people to find any
peace at all. Confusion abounds no matter where we go.
Jesus warned us about that for He said, "THESE THINGS I
HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU, THAT IN ME YOU MAY HAVE
PEACE. IN THE WORLD YOU WILL HAVE TRIBULATION;
BUT BE OF GOOD CHEER, I HAVE OVERCOME THE
WORLD." ( JOHN 16:33 )
After all it is written that: THE LORD WILL GIVE
STRENGTH TO HIS PEOPLE; THE LORD WILL BLESS HIS
PEOPLE WITH PEACE. ( PSALM 29:11 ) Therefore when
you find yourself confused, always look to
Jesus Christ for HE HIMSELF IS OUR PEACE. For He said,
"PEACE I LEAVE WITH YOU, MY PEACE I GIVE YOU."
( EPHESIANS 2:14 ) ( JOHN 14:27 )
Now that is a loving caring peace that we become filled
with on our spiritual journey, and peace is only one of the
many blessings we receive on that journey, for it is also
written: THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE,
PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS,
GENTLENESS, AND SELF CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH
THINGS THERE IS NO LAW. ( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )
So Melissa, it is my prayer that you are well on your way
down that spiritual path right now, and that THE PEACE OF
GOD WHICH SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL
GUARD YOUR HEART AND MIND THROUGH JESUS
CHRIST. Amen! ( PHILIPPIANS 4:7 )
Wow....now....isn't God amazing??
Mel




2 comments:
Melissa,
Ok, I cracked up at the statement....I went right down on my knees...(well, not really my knees!) You are sooooo funny! God is happy to listen to your prayers anywhere you are.
I know how you are feeling and it is just the devil! The devil's plan is to deceive us into continuing to base our worth on our performance, then keep us focused on our faults and shortcomings. Satan wants us to think we can't do it and to be insecure and feel defeated.
You know that the Lord KNOWS you can do your job or He would have never opened this door for you.
FOCUS ON YOUR POTENTIAL, not your limitations. You can do ALL THINGS through Christ!
Your self worth comes from GOD, NOT OTHERS AT WORK!
Here is a quote I like:
"All things are difficult before they are easy!!!"
(just like learning to drive a car, or anything new!)
Confess positive statements to yourself like: "I AM REALLY GOOD AT LEARNING NEW THINGS!"
"I LIKE THE CHALLENGE THAT IS BEFORE ME, I KNOW I WILL SUCCEED!"
"I AM FULL OF POTENTIAL!!!"
Things that will boost your confidence!!!!!!!!
Even if you DO NOT feel confident, STAND UP TALL, and exude confidence regardless! You can spot a confident person a mile away and someone who feels defeated just the same! Which do you want them to see?
YOU CAN DO THIS JOB MELISSA! I am cheering you on!!!!
Remember, as I said above, your self worth comes from GOD, not from anyone else!
BIG BIG BIG HUGS! (Sorry this is SO LONG!!!!!) LOL!
Mrs. Jones
Cheryl - you know JUST what to say! You are one very special lady...and so far - you are becoming a mentor in my life.
Thank you for your kind words and the Biblical guidance you show me.
Take care and God BLESS you. :)
Love,
Melissa
Post a Comment