Tim was talking the other day & said for my next birthday (and we won't discuss how OLD I will be) he wants to take me to NEW YORK. Isn't that cool? I am sooooooooooooooo excited.

Has anyone ever been? What should we go see? Do you recommend anything?
I was already told that we HAVE to eat the:
-Pizza
-Hotdogs...AT a hotdog stand
-Bagels - I thought this was weird, but I guess their bagels are THE BEST...so I've heard
We have friends that live here in California who are from New York...I love their accents! I want one too. ;) I don't think I'd want to live there (not big on snow AT ALL)...but I am EXCITED that we're going to visit!
This trip will probably take place at the end of October. We're thinking of renting a time share just for a few days (maybe a week?). We're going to have SO much fun. If you've ever been, please let me know what is a MUST!
XOXO
Mel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I decided to also do this survey....these are fun!
1. When was the last time you ran? Ha! This is a trick question right? ;)
2. Do your jeans have rips, tears and holes in them? Nope, and if they do it's not intentional
3. Do you get the full 8 hours of sleep a night? Yes! I have to or I'm a grump (I know, hard to believe...lol)
4. If you had someone "stop by" without you knowing what would your house look like? It's CLEAN!
5. Do you eat raw cookie dough? Sometimes
6. Have you ever kicked a vending machine? No
7.How do you eat an Oreo? I put it in my mouth (is there another way?) :)
8. Have you ever stayed online for a very long time waiting for someone? Back in the day when I was glued to the computer all day...now I don't have TIME unless Haylee is asleep or playing
9. Could you live without a computer? Oooooh I think we ALL know the answer to that one! ;)
10. Do you wear shoes in the house? No
11. At what age did you find out Santa wasn't real? I think 9 or so, but I kept quiet so I could keep getting presents. ;)
12. How many phones, house and cell phones are in your house? Just 2 cell phones
13. Who would you call first if you won the lottery? I don't play the lotto. But probably...hmmm my sister!
14. Last time you saw your best friend? I see my best friend, Tim, everyday. ;)
15. What jewelry are you wearing right now? Wedding ring, a silver ring I got from my Mom when I turned 19, a pretty pebble bracelet and my REAL diamond earrings from my hubby!
16. What is the first thing you do when you get on-line? Email & Blogs
17. Do you watch 'Grey's Anatomy'? Most definitely!
18. How do most people spell your name? as it is...Melissa. Sometimes people spell it with two L's... or I've even had someone spell it Malisa.
19. When was the last time you left your house? This morning to drop off Haylee then go to work
20. Do you return your shopping cart? In the shopping cart thingy, yes.
21. What noise do you hear right now? Haylee singing & coloring.
22. Who is the youngest in your family? Eric, my bro
23. Who does the dishes at your house? Both Tim and I do our fair share...yes I'm PC. ;)
24. If all of your friends were going on a road trip, who would be most likely to over pack? And, who would most likely be driving? I would overpack...Tim would do ALL OF THE DRIVING (trust me, he's happier that way!)
25.Do your siblings ever pay for stuff for you? Hmmmmm...I'm sure they have before. It's hard when you live far away! :(
26. Do you know anyone with the same name as you? Yes...I know a few other Melissa's.
7. When was the last time you cleaned your toilets? What an odd question!! A couple of days ago.
28. Do you watch movies with your parents? No, LOL
29. Do you get your hair cut every month? EVERY month? What girl does? I try every 4 months or 6 months. I'm getting one soooooon! Yay!
30. What was the last thing you purchased? Toilet paper :)




1 comment:
Melissa,
I loved reading your answers to these questions! Some of the questions were so funny! Ones I have never heard before...like have you kicked a vending machine! LOL! No, but I sure have shook one just a few weeks ago to get out my almond joy candy bar and I WANTED IT!
I am so excited for you to go to New York! I think you will just love it. But, I think you and Tim it sounds like, would have fun ANYWHERE you would go!!!
I went to NY when I was 7 yrs. old because my dad had a business meeting there and the whole family got to go! We were so excited because we were "country folks!" and to go to NY was thrilling and all I remember was my daddy had got me a new little pocketbook that I ADORED!!!!!!! It was one of those straw pocketbooks with the little straw flower on it! We went up to the top of the Empire State Building on that elevator and at the VERY TOP when we were outside of the elevator and looking over the top, my pocketbook fell out of my hands and I can still remember it just falling clear to the bottom! I just broke out in tears! It was no where to be found when we got back to the bottom and off of the elevator.
I can only imagine the fun things to do! I like the idea of getting a bagel! LOL!
I just want you to know I thought of you alot today and prayed for you alot. I was visualizing you marching into work with your head up high and your shoulders back and swinging your purse thinking to yourself....I AM AWESOME AND CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST And He loves me REGARDLESS of how quick I catch on to some things!!!!!!!!!
Love ya!
Mrs. Jones
Post a Comment