Hi ~ how did your weekend go? I'd LOVE to hear about it - so leave me a comment. ;) Anyone can comment now - you don't have to just have a blogger account.
My weekend was lovely! I prayed that I would have a nice one before starting my new job tomorrow (pray for me!! I have the butterflies tonight already!). Yesterday was nice and today was wonderful. We went to church this morning...with an AWESOME sermon which I want to talk about in a bit (below) - reallllly touched me. After church we went shopping again - which I LOVE! I found a new favorite store.... H & M. I love it! Fashionable yet inexpensive. It CALLS my name as I walk by. ;) I bought TWO cute dresses for my upcoming Vegas trip. Yay! I'm so excited. After that we went home to eat a nice lunch & then headed off to visit Tim's (and my) Aunt Shirlene.
Aunt Shirlene is really special, not just because she is family - but she is the very FIRST family member of Tim's that I got to meet before we got married! You see, she also lived in Texas the same time we did. :) She lived an hour away in Fort Worth so we would go up to see her ALOT (since there was nothing to do in Abilene, TX!). I just LOVE her. We had a visit because, although she lives even closer to us now in California (literally right around the corner...maybe 5 mins?) - we hardly go to her house to visit. Also, Haylee will be staying with her while we are on our Vegas trip (3 days!). Haylee is beyond words EXCITED to stay with her great Aunt Shirlene. We had a nice visit and ate ice cream and brownies!! Can't get any better than that!
After that Tim and I decided to drive around and look at model homes. The area we live now, on a golf course (across the street) they are building new townhomes for a price range that WE can afford (which is great because everything out this way is SO expensive!). We also looked in a different, newer city - and wow gorgeous homes...and prices we can afford. We are praying to move into a home by next year hopefully. :) Praying!!! I want a yard and I want my own home!
Now...onto the goodness of God! Sermon today was called "Faith on Display" which is think is incredible. Sometimes when tragedy strikes someone they call out to God "why me?? why now?? why this??". Sometimes it has NOTHING to do with YOU. I hadn't really ever thought of it THIS way. Now grasp this thought...sometimes God puts your faith on display for others to see ~ how you react to your tragedy or circumstance. This in return lays your testimony out for the world to see. Isn't that amazing???
That was the sermon in a nutshell...I took a lot of good notes & learned a lot today. I wish I could type it ALL out but I fear you won't read it all or take it the same way it was presented.
But I'll leave you with THIS ~ the result of your faith on display may just lead someone to Christ. If your faith is weak - you could veer someone away. If your faith is STRONG - you just might lead another one to HIM!
Love,
Melissa <><




3 comments:
First off, I have to say I have chills because OUR SERMON was on Faith too!!!!!! The same message and also how we want to control the situation and not rest in trusting God. It was awesome! Yes, our faith is on display! How true that is Melissa! I take notes too! I always want to go home and then look up all of the scriptures and meditate on them later.hehe!
Ok, that is so funny about the H & M store calling your name! I always tell people: My car just pulls off (at my favorite places! LOL!) Sure sounds like your kinda store because YOU seem VERY STYLISH! Ummmm.....wonder where Haylee gets her cuteness and style from!
New home on the golf course!!!!!! Dream big dreams! Vision Tim playing on that golf course and BELIEVE IT by faith! ALL THINGS are possible to him who believes!
Awwww....Aunt Shirlene sounds so sweet and I am sure Haylee will just have the best time. I mean brownies and ice cream! Sure sounds fun to me! Sounds like from all of the pictures you post that you are very, very close to Tims side of the family. How wonderful to have a big extended family.
OH I will be thinking of you tomorrow on your new job! You will do great! That smile of yours will light up that place and the aura (spelling??) of faith that shines through you!
You said you have to dress up for your new job! How fun and classy and professional. I can't wait to hear all about it Melissa. God is so good! He opened this door for a reason........!!!!!! Wonder if you will see why right off or if it will just slowly enfold as you see his wonderous ways being played out?
Psalm:139:2-3
You know my sitting down and my rising up
You understand my thoughts from afar
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways!
He knows your every thoughts about tomorrow Melissa and will calm your fears. May you get a good nights rest!
HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be thinking and praying for you!
t
Thank you Mrs. Jones!! :) I love your comments, you just make my day/night!
I am still planning on sending out your flower...just been so busy. Please keep on the look out for it by mail soon. :)
Take care & God BLESS you!
Love,
Melissa
Post a Comment