I have decided I need a CHANGE! :) I am going to start with my blog...at first I made it a blog about Tim & I, but he doesn't journal on it (he's not a big journaling type of guy, LOL). So, now I would like to change it up a bit. Look for that soon! Hopefully it doesn't delete everything I have on it...
Another change! - Yesterday, Friday, was my very last day at my job. Ok I have only been there 5 months but by the last cubicle hugging I was teary eyed. Everyone there, everyone, is just so kind hearted. I've grown really close to 2-3 people, but everyone there cares (at least it seemed!). I had a luncheon, and 20 people showed up! I was actually very surprised, so thank you if you are reading this and you came to my lunch. I didn't know that many people actually knew me. :)
Monday, June 4th (the day after tomorrow!), is my FIRST day at my new job. Now, not a lot of people at my old job knew I was starting a new job. But I'm just going to put it out here because it's true. I didn't want to say anything for obvious reasons, but I feel this new place will be a BETTER environment. Plus it is better pay, Praise God! Better benefits (that start 30 days after my start day, by the way) also. I'm so incredibly blessed - thank you Jesus. :) I am nervous, but excited! I have to dress up at this job. So, I have some dress up clothes, but maybe after the first paycheck I can go shopping for more. ;) Yay!! Shopping!!
On Friday after I start, they are having a quarterly party (I timed that just right, didn't I??). So we get to wear jeans and they bought me a t-shirt. I guess we split up into teams and play games and have a FIESTA! Yipeeee! Party for me on my first week! Everyone there seems so awesome.
The following week - Thursday through Sunday....Tim and I are going to VEGAS baby! Tim's office won a trip to Vegas, all expenses paid. We will stay at the Mandalay Bay - we usually stay at the MGM Grand, so I've never stayed at the Mandalay...I hear they have a pool that has waves! I'm stoked. :) Haylee will stay with Aunt Shirlene, so that'll be fun for her. (Aunt Shirlene is just like Grammy when it comes to takin' care of kids....so I know she'll be spoiled rotten when we get back!).
One more change I NEED to start WORKING OUT. Seriously. I guess I'm average & slender. BUT, I'm so very out of shape. Trust me, I know. ;) I'm still sore from when we played baseball (guys against girls and GIRLS WON!) on Memorial Day weekend. Ha! So maybe I thought if I voiced my thoughts on HERE then I would have more reason to get up EARLY and go run! :) So...hopefully I have some sort of support on here. Maybe if anyone else wants to work out with me we can be of encouragement to one another.
I'm thinking of waking up at 5:30AM (ya I know....EARLY) and running around my block. :) It's a start. I like the scenery too, I can't do stationary. Maybe Haylee will go with me in her stroller to add some resistance. :) We shall see. After work, I'm too tired and have TOO much to do before we put Haylee to bed. So mornings would be best. I'm just not sure how I'm going to get myself out of bed that early!
Ok - now I'm caught up! Tonight Tim and I are going to an Improv show with friends. So I'll take pics of us then & post more! I promise to take more pics this weekend. That is my goal.
Love always,
Melissa




3 comments:
Hey Melissa!
Sounds like you are so busy! Things are finally slowing down for me cause I am out of school and this is the kids last week (next week)too. I am currently working out righ now, so I just wanted to add some encouraging words for you! YOU GO GIRL! All I can say, is do something you enjoy because if you don't enjoy it, it will be boring very quickly! I have been running (on the treadmill at the gym) at least four times a week. I like to run at least two miles (not much) but it makes me feel really good! My outlook on this is, anything is better than nothing...right? GOod luck with getting in shape. Just by looking at your pictures, it doens't seem like you are out of shape at all!
So, I will be checking in on your blog to see how your workouts are going. I don't really have a partner or anything to go with me cause I don't workout the same time everyday. You can do it though! Just stick with it no matter how much you don't want to do it. You will feel so WONDERFUL after you are done working out!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Brandy
Thanks Brandy!! I know I'll feel lots better once I work out. :) Maybe I'll try it on Monday morning. I will be nervous since it's my 1st day of my new job. So, we'll see!
We went grocery shopping and bought lots of fruit and veggies. I'm going to make healthier meals too. It's not just about exercise. ;)
Take care and thanks for readin' my blog!!
Melissa
Yes, working out makes you feel much better, but you are right it is about eating healthier too!
I have been doing small changes with cooking our meals. Taking my nutrition class this semester helped me realize how BAD I was eating! It is a slow process, but I am feeling better!!
Good luck with your new job on Monday!! I am sure you will do great!!
Brandy
Post a Comment