we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Numb

I just feel blah today - right now. My heart was SO heavy when I drove to pick Haylee up, I shed a few tears. It's just crazy. Another person at my work got fired today. This girl was in my office & I was really enjoying getting to know her. You know, I really love my job & what I do. I really love what my company stands for. It's just sad that two people who I really got to know got fired within one month of each other.

I know God puts things in my life for a reason. I think the reason why I'm working at this place is for faith. Faith in God. Faith that I will lean on HIM alone & put my trust in NOTHING else. I do believe that God does this for a reason. When things like this happen, I just wonder why though. I don't even question God anymore because I know that He does have a reason. I'm pretty sure I know why my friends got fired. But God knows the ultimate reason & He knows what He is doing overall. :o)

With every life experience I feel like I'm growing. I know that sounds silly, but wow is it so true! Sometimes it makes me look at things, life in a WHOLE new light. I take for granted so many things, so many moments I have with my daughter, with my husband - - I am really trying not to complain about things so much lately. I really think God is working on my life somehow - I'm not sure what His direction, but everyday I rest in the fact that He will not give me anymore than what I can handle & I gave my life/soul to Him a LONG time ago. I am just REALLY learning what it is like to put my total FAITH in Him. :o) It's amazing to see the results.

I wish I could pour my heart out on here - but I will leave you with this. Putting all your faith in God is NOT an easy task. It takes practice, it takes prayer and it takes a heavy burden off your shoulders.

6 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Oh I just want to put my arms around you and give yout he biggest, biggest hug! I felt just like you did at your age and as a mommy. I loved the Lord with my whole heart but I lived in fear of so many things and was so overprotective of Mindy. I can so relate to every word you are saying. God is so so good to know our hearts and to lead us ever so gently into making us grow in Him and in faith. He is perfecting your faith and I know that is what your heart truly wants because I can tell it by the beautiful things you write and how you lay open your heart. The Lord may be preparing you honey for a very big ministry with women. Listen for that still small voice of his! He just may have a prophecy for you very soon. Doors may begin to open up that you could have never imagined. He uses people like you who are so tender and compassionate. Stay in the word daily and meditate on it and see if he doesn't give you some very special scriptures! I am believing He will!!!! I am praying for you.
Mindy's mom

Mindy said...

First of all...HAH..that my mom has a big long post. I didn't even read it but I think it's funny because she is SUCH a mom. ANyway...you are right. It is difficult to always know what the reason is for things that occur. TRUST ME...I know ALL about it and you know that I do. I know now that my reason for infertility...totally different thing then what you are talking about but still it is in line with the putting your faith in GOd part...was so that I could reach out to people and trust me...I have. I have been able to touch so many people with my story and with what we have been through. God opens doors in peoples life for a reason the same way he closes them and sometimes the reasons are not clear for a loooong time. But at some point they will become clear..it may be YEARS from now. ANd suddenly you will understand and it will all make sense.
Hugs to you!

OH OH OH...I LOVE THE PATIO FURNITURE. You and I are so much alike. I would have done the SAME thing and I think it looks great. Love the red with it too. Love it. I also loved the picture with you and paint on your face. Oh BOY have I ever had days when I looked like that.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Your faith in God and tender heart is so beautiful. I am learning so much from you and I am so glad that I have met you.

You are right we can take these kinds of things in stride and remain faithful that God has a plan.

Thanks Melissa!

Melissa De Mers said...

Cheryl, Mindy & Judy ~ thank you all so much for your wonderful comments. I truly do feel like God is calling me to do something. I have been listening to Him & I know I need to meditate in His word more than what I do now.

Mindy - Cheryl - your Mom is amazing. I just love her! I remember you talking about her on August Moms & you were just right, every single word you said about her. She is a great Mom!

Thanks girls...I love you!
Melissa

Cheryl Jones said...

Melissa!
There are 2 blogs that I want to pass along to you. FAITH filled blogs that just inspire me so much. The one is of a mommy who has 2 children and adopted a little girl at birth having no idea the health problems that were ahead. Totally knowing though that THIS was the child created just for them by God! Her entry tonight is on FAITH....she posts everyday and I never miss one. Here is her blog: http://ashleyadamsjournal.blogspot.com
Also.....the mother she is talking about praying for JUST found out I think a month ago from headaches that she had a brain tumor and is having surgery tomorrow at the Mayo Clinic. PRAY for her!!!! You just have to find some time to read her posts Melissa! Both of these blogs will change your life.
Here is Heathers: http://www.especiallyheather.com

Oh, I hope you get this tonight. If you have trouble with either of these and they don't work, email me so I can give them to you again.
My email is cherlilly12@yahoo.com

Love and Prayers!
Mindy's mom

Melissa De Mers said...

Cheryl ~ thank you! I will read those blogs. :) I joined my church's prayer circle yesterday & they emailed me my first prayer list today - wow, I think I am called to pray for these people. Some have addresses, so I'm going to buy cards & write something to them. I love praying for people - I think I'm going to get Haylee involved also in my prayer list. She loves to pray also.

Maybe I've found my calling for now? :)

Love,
Melissa

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers