Today we went shopping for touristy California objects for her to take back home with her. Then we headed off (just me, Liz and Tim...Haylee stayed with Grammy!) to Riverside to see one of Tim's brothers - Mark (his wife) Kathy, and her friend Kimmie. We ate and then went to see a local band - - you guessed it - - HOBO JAZZ! This time in a coffee shop basement. Yes, it was interesting to say the least. The music was FABULOUS as always! The people were a bit odd. Right Liz? Some very strange individuals to boot! A fun time was had by all. A great way to say goodbye!
Here are pics...just fun pics for a just FUN time!











1 comment:
Hey Melissa!
I don't mind at all you posting to my blog! I love reading what you have to say. Yes, we should investigate what is in the middle of you and me. I know you and Mindy have been friends for a long time and I think it is cool that you guys could meet in person! Especially Alec and Haylee too!!
Anyways, I know what you mean about California, it does grow on you, the weather, the beach, the palm trees, everything!!
Here are a few things I don't like about California...
The prices of houses- you could get a house priced here for 400,000 for 150,000 back home!! (Plus, we would love to buy a house right now but can't afford it here for the size we would need)
Illegal immigrants- I am with you on that one. When we first got here and made our first trip to Walmart, I thought we were still in Portugal! No offense meant by this either..
The way people drive! No wonder there are so many stinkin accidents. I have never seen so many people swerve in and out of lanes as I have here...and at such a high speed!!
Oh one more...the price of GAS!! Goodness gracious...people need to drive you know? We were pretty close to 4.00 a gallon not too long ago. Thankfully it has dropped, but I don't think we have seen the end of it yet!!
It has been great getting to know you on here. You seem like such a sweet person and a good friend to Mindy!! I drove down there by Disneyland for a conference a few months ago and don't remember seeing too much in the middle of here and there, but I will ask a friend of mine that has made the trip plenty of times. Keep me posted!!
Love,
Brandy
P.S. I love the ocean so much too! I grew up for a while in Virginia Beach, VA and fell in love with the ocean then! I loved it there and could just sit and smell the ocean and listen to it all day long, reading a good book!! Ok. THis is long enough! Love all your pics. Your little girl is so adorable!!
Post a Comment