Oh my goodness, whatever is growing or flowing in this California air is NOT agreeing with me! Please pray for me as I am having a hard time with my allergies. :( I am thinking I might need to get to the doctor next week to get a Rx for allergies.
My eyes are just watering, it looks like I have been CRYING all day long! My nose is a faucet and my sinuses are just throbbing. I have been taking (all at once everyday) -
- - Aleve Cold/Sinus
- - Claritin (the Target brand works better for me than the original)
- - Flo-Nas (nose spray)
- - Visine Allergy eye drops
I feel so drugged up! I took a 2 hour nap today (well I did go to bed at 1:30am this morning so that may have something to do with it). But I feel icky.
In other news my sis made it back to Idaho today! :) I miss her already. We have a great bond, and I think this trip was really healthy for us (especially since I haven't seen her in almost 3 YEARS!) - - we really had a chance to bond & talk. We went to the beach, had 2 girls' nights out with family, went to my nephew's baseball game, shopped, went to Downtown Disney and shopped, she went to my church, she took Haylee to the park (I had to work on Monday and she had a full day with her niece Haylee! They both loved it)...and shopped. :)
Haylee is already saying "I sure miss my Aunt Liz". She brought tears to my eyes saying that (no, not my allergies! LOL). Poor girl. I wish Aunt Liz (and Uncle Al!) lived closer, but at least it's only a 3 hour flight. Haylee & I are already planning a girls' trip up to Idaho hopefully next year! :) Maybe in the Springtime! We shall see! I love you Liz!! Have fun camping...you better update the blog I made for you. ;)
Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!
Love,
Melissa




2 comments:
Melissa,
Allegra D works like a charm for me. Not just plain Allegra, it has to be the decongestant kind. I am so sorry to hear they are so bad. I know Haylee had real bad allergies not too long ago because I remember that post and how miserable she was. I sure hope you do find something that will work and make you feel better next week!
I know exactly how you feel about our sister leaving. My oldest sister lives in Florida and has ever since we have both been married. (for over 30 years now) We have always said that this has been our biggest regret in life is that we have not been able to be together and share in eachothers children growing up, activities, events, everything! It has been so hard being apart all these years.
My oldest sister is up here now because our youngest sisters daughter (my niece) graduates tomorrow. So, my sisters and I will all be together. I think I told you to, we started 4 years ago attending Women of Faith together which will be next month. As we get older it is even harder because we just treasure each and every time we can be together. My oldest sister is a 3 year ovarian, stage 4, cancer survivor!!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!
I am soooo happy that you and your sister had this time together Melissa and to talk and share your hearts with one another and laugh and just enjoy the treasure that sisters are! I know how sad you are that miles separate you and also that Haylee can't have her aunt in her life on a daily/weekly basis. Oh, how I know!
But, like you said, it is just a flight away from you being back together!
Thanks for taking the time to post all of the pictures. It looks like you sure kept busy!
Get some rest and when do you start your new job?
Hi Mel! I'm sorry you've been having such problems with allergies. I am fortunate not to have to deal with them, but Matt gets them really bad. It's getting to the point where medications just don't work for him either. I was watching Oprah the other day and she had Dr. Oz on. He recommended something called the "Neti Pot". Here are a couple of websites you can check out about it~ http://www2.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070426_350_105.jhtml
and
http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm
I'm going to get one for Matt to try. Just thought I would suggest it. Hopefully things will get better for you :)
Love, Julie
Post a Comment