It NEVER ceases to amaze me the little things God puts in my life. I do NOT believe in coincidence either. Even simple little things such as BOOKS God puts in my hands to read. They just bless me SO much.
Tim bought the book on the sidebar by Joel Osteen for me for Christmas. He knew I liked to read & it was really unexpected. He's actually getting into reading also. He's reading "Quiet Strength" by Tony Dungy (the Indiana Colts coach).
Anyway ~ with every chapter there is a sweet surprise in it JUST for me. The words alone just make my heart flutter because I know God is thinking of ME when HE put that book in my hands in the very moment I needed it. :) How sweet is His love!
I just wanted to share a little paragraph from the chapter titled "Understanding your value". It really touched me today:
"It is vital that you accept yourself and learn to be happy with who God made you to be. If you want to truly enjoy life, you must be at peace with yourself. Many people constantly feel badly about themselves. They are overly critical of themselves, living with all sorts of self-imposed guilt and condemnation. No wonder they're not happy; they have a war going on inside. They're not at peace with themselves. And if you can't get along with yourself, you will never get along with other people. The place to start is by being happy with who God made you to be." --Joel Osteen, Your Best Life Now.
Doesn't that paragraph describe someone you know? Maybe it describes you. I know for a LONG time it described me. But I know too that I overcame my fears about myself and started living up the expectations that I set for myself. I am still learning too....this book is amazing. I just think this guy is a GREAT motivational speaker and a Godly man. I watched his service last Sunday (instead of going to church...I was strongly convicted to stay home on Sunday morning which is totally NOT like me) -- and the tears just started POURING out of me uncontrollably. The words he spoke, they were ME. I knew at that moment why God had us stay home. I NEEDED that message. Maybe one day I will talk about it. But for now I just am so happy that I am a child of the KING (yes Brandy....I LOVE that song too).
Be blessed tonight. Love ~ Mel




1 comment:
Oh wow Melissa! That is great. I think I am going to go and find a book by him now. I know my Pastor's wife reads alot of his stuff and listens to him on her radio too. I think alot of people struggle with themselves, me included. There are things I won't discuss on here, but I have felt that way many many times. I think it's great that you share these things about yourself and you share God with others. Isn't that what we are suppose to be doing? I love reading your blog and you inspire me in many ways.
Thanks for the compliment on my picture! I will take that as a good thing coming from a photographer herself!!
Keep sharing the books you are reading. I LOVE reading and I love getting book ideas from others. I am about to start "Sense and Sensibility" tomorrow while it storms.
Have a great night!
Hugs,
Brandy
Post a Comment